Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Saving old firmware versions?

Reaction score
I recently received a Typhoon H Pro and I haven't updated it yet. I would like to fly it for a bit before doing that in case something goes wrong with the update or wait and see if Yuneec will release a new one soon that fixes some of the problems I've read in here although I know most haven't had any issues if done properly.
Is there a way to save the old firmware before updating?
Step by step would be appreciated if there is a way, thanks. Forgive me if this topic has been answered elsewhere, I searched and couldn't find anything. Just point me to it and I'll be a happy flyer.

UPDATE! - So I decided to update the firmware. DISASTER! I had the infamous flyaway. I started the drone and went up about 10 feet, it started to drift a little then a lot, I had little control although I was able to raise or lower it slowly. I let it go about 100ft and had to get it close to the ground because of upcoming obstacles, I tried 'return to home' with no response. I ended up getting it about 3 ft above the ground and doing a stall by turning off the rotors with the ground station. My heart sank because it did a tumble and I just knew something was broken, I need to replace a landing leg, a rotor and the gimbal rubbers separated and I lost 3 of them (those little suckers are hard to find in grass) but that is it and I can order new parts. One thing I noticed is I didn't have the ground station antenna in the up position, they were still folded beside the mushroom antenna, would that have caused a problem? So many other questions, I need to figure this out, I do like the Typhoon and I want to give it more time, I think the ST16 has a lot of potential.

UPDATE 2! - Called Yuneec and told CS what happened, they said to send it in and that it's covered under warranty. They also said that there might be something wrong with the compass and didn't think it was a firmware update issue.

Last edited:
I just save each firmware in a folder, so as to have older versions as I progress to newer one! Yuneec-USA told me we can go back, if we have older firmware, but then some on here say no? Lost in Space:confused:

Reactions: QuadBart
Thanks, I will definitely do that but for now my Typhoon is right out of the box and I want to save what current version is on it before any updates so I have it but I'm not sure where to find it or how to get it out of the ST16 or off of the drone itself and onto an SD card. I imagine once it's updated it will erase the older version never to be found again. Perhaps someone knows where earlier versions can be downloaded kind of like what they do for Adobe software offering legacy versions.

Last edited:
Wookong and A2 users learned a long time ago to always save previous firmware versions. I believe the smart thing for the users of any flight controller to do is to save a copy of older firmware versions.

so i still have Ver2.15_E.bin and I was not getting any errors with this one. So can i take it back to that till yuneec sort out the problems with the newer updates. can anyone tell me how to do it. is it just the same way as you update to a newer update . I now a have read somewhere you can not go back and some say you can .
Thankyou
Miss H

Reactions: DroneClone
so i still have Ver2.15_E.bin and I was not getting any errors with this one. So can i take it back to that till yuneec sort out the problems with the newer updates. can anyone tell me how to do it. is it just the same way as you update to a newer update . I now a have read somewhere you can not go back and some say you can .
Thankyou
Miss H
Unfortunately, going back on, or even deleting a firmware or older firmware is not possible with Yuneec platforms! Or God knows I would have weeks ago ! Good to hear from you Abbey!;)

Unfortunately, going back on, or even deleting a firmware or older firmware is not possible with Yuneec platforms! Or God knows I would have weeks ago ! Good to hear from you Abbey!;)
that is a shame as you should be able to like now where the new update is a pile of **** and some times you need to go back. I like some of the new things in the update but i don't like the errors i am getting in the logs, And reading the problems people are having. I would go back till they sort it out.
Thanks
Miss H

on H is possible to downgrade:) on ST16 have try and not (its need to be know password for zip file -allow modify files)

What good are old upgrades, if the ST16's are not listed? And what password? Yuneec stated that the firmwares on two upgrades "Must Have" the ST 16 upgraded too!;)

What good are old upgrades, if the ST16's are not listed? And what password? Yuneec stated that the firmwares on two upgrades "Must Have" the ST 16 upgraded too!;)
this is only wifi password to connect to camera:)

ST16.yuneec file is a zip password protected

so you can't update now to Ver 2.25 becouse is not released firmware update for ST16? together?.. haha Think ...

see one ST16 firmware and ready 3 firmware for H :)

Martins, not what I mean, if new firmware for H , but not 16, we are fine, but if you go back to the first firmware and use the newest firmware on the 16, according to Yuneec-USA it will not work, unless you have the first 16 firmware! And there have been two 16 firmware upgrades, so each prior H firmware, that also needed the 16 upgrade, will need that 16 upgrade in their sequence to work my friend! No old 16 , no can do !;)

I'm really unhappy with version 2.25 and want to fallback to the previous version, 2.24A. Can I do that? Is it the same process to fallback as it is to install new firmware? Just put it on the SD card and follow the standard procedure to install firmware?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval