Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Second remote not showing thermal view

Reaction score
We have an H520 with the E10T and two remotes. Our main remote works fine, showing both the thermal view and the optical view. Our 2nd remote is paired only to the camera to function as a separate viewer. The 2nd remote shows the optical view just fine, but doesn't show the thermal. We tried unpairing and then re-pairing but still nothing. The aircraft and both remotes are current on updates.

Does anyone have any ideas where we are going wrong?

This is a guess, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong. One remote is to control the aircraft and the other remote is to control the camera. With one you control the H520, its movements and with the other the functions of the camera.

I understand the 2nd controller is used to fly the 520. You would only want the RGB cam view on that controller.

We aren't using the 2nd remote in team mode (where remote 1 controls aircraft and remote 2 controls all camera function). Our remote 2 is only there to mirror the screen of the pilot. It has no control of the camera. The pilot's remote still maintains all flight and camera functions. We have remote 2 hooked up with and HDMI cord to a monitor so others can see the camera view without bothering our pilot.

I thought that both thermal and optical views would show up on remote 2. We are just trying to keep our pilot from having people looking over their shoulders to see the thermal view.

Understood, a few updates ago pulled out an option for the HDMI port to display the GUI or not. Try enabling or disabling that option. I don't have the thermal camera, but that's all I can think of.

Have you tried binding the 2nd controller to the 520 to see if the thermal image is displayed?
Is the 2nd controller running the current firmware?

Thanks arruntus, I'll try looking for that option next.

And Steve, we haven't tried that yet, but that was our next option. And everything is running the most current firmware. I've got a support note into Yuneec, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for the tips again.

Well we got to the bottom of it...

Our 2nd remote only came with Flight Mode 2.0 installed. And our primary remote only had Data Pilot installed.

Once we got data pilot up and running on the 2nd remote and put it into slave mode everything transmitted just fine.

One other interesting thing we found... The HDMI output option only sent the optical view when set to video only. When set to mirror display it would send both the thermal and the optical.

Thanks again for the suggestions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval