Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Self Distructing Props

Reaction score
Before I found out that Yuneec is down the street from me... I bought some "OEM" Props from SamWoo(I think) out of Hong Kong. So far I have had 3 "A" props self destruct in mid flight. So, Be careful out there! Also is any one using Master Airscrew Props on their "H"? If so, how do you like them? Thanks

I don't recommend using anything but OEM props. It's a critical part and they last a very long time as long as they don't hit anything.

Sam might be getting factory seconds out of the trash can and selling them as prime, or he could be making his own using inferior plastics. I won't let my "H" hang in the air on anything but O.E.M. props.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Before I found out that Yuneec is down the street from me... I bought some "OEM" Props from SamWoo(I think) out of Hong Kong. So far I have had 3 "A" props self destruct in mid flight. So, Be careful out there! Also is any one using Master Airscrew Props on their "H"? If so, how do you like them? Thanks
I wasn't aware Master Airscrew makes props for the H. I have them for my Solo's and they are excellent.

Sam might be getting factory seconds out of the trash can and selling them as prime, or he could be making his own using inferior plastics. I won't let my "H" hang in the air on anything but O.E.M. props.
Yup, could be props that were rejected as being out-of-balance, and the vibration is causing them to tear themselves apart. You're lucky if the prop is the only casualty in that case.

Well I have read the Master Airscrew is making props. But I haven't measured my props yet for the pitch. BTW! when the last prop came apart it shook so bad it ruined the arm. and its only been the "A" (black) props so far.

Well I have read the Master Airscrew is making props. But I haven't measured my props yet for the pitch. BTW! when the last prop came apart it shook so bad it ruined the arm. and its only been the "A" (black) props so far.
They don't list a prop for Yuneec on their web site.

As with anything OEM is the best to preserve the integrity and warranty of the item. Factory designed and built to fit the item.

Yup, could be props that were rejected as being out-of-balance, and the vibration is causing them to tear themselves apart. You're lucky if the prop is the only casualty in that case.

Every lower priced prop I've bought has been severely out of balance. I bought the balancer that consists simply of a rod with threads at each end. Screw a prop onto the rod and balance it across a cup or glass and you'll see in a hurry. I've had to cut as much as 3/8" off one end of a prop to make it balance. (most need about 3/16" - 1/4" cut off. Scissors work fine) I realize this is static balance but in operation the trimmed props spin at full rpm with no vibration at all. The only props I've broken are the many that have hit something. :-( It's a very worthwhile ~$20 investment.

I've used Master Air Screws on a lot of my RC stuff, mostly planes. There a superior prop as far as I'm concerned, and they will cut your finger off if not careful. However, as already claimed here I would not hang 1500.00 worth of drone on anything but the props the manufacturer makes for them

Reactions: K2BLS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy