Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sharing Raw footage

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So, I realized that as much as I love to keep most of the raw footage from my H it can, very quickly, consume a lot of valuable space on my drive.

Call me weird, but sometimes I rather watch some raw footage, with original sound and no editing. I find something cool about watching the footage as it was recorded and listen to the real sound of the propellers while moving around without someone having picked the best shots. However its kind of difficult to find these kind of videos on youtube (specifically talking about typhoon H), seems that most of us like to share our final productions instead.

Also, somewhere around the threads I saw that someone posted about the fact that the forum seems to consist only of problems or issues from the Typhoon H giving a bad impression about the machine's reliability, and someone else replied that its the nature of forums since most people try to find a solution when a problem shows, but will rarely talk about how normal their flight went.

Anyway, here's my "positive" contrubution of uneventful flights on my H. In case anyone is interested on these kind of videos I'll keep backing up raw footage on this channel:

Jules_Flies

A couple of videos that I've uploaded.

Greetings!

Nice. One thing I've noticed is that the video files are considerably smaller if recorded without sound. Sometimes you want sound but if your plan is to ignore it, try turning it off to see the difference. It may help you save some space.

Greg

More uneventful footage; a whole flight worth a complete battery at 4K

Nothing too interesting, just showing off the H to some friends.

Reactions: yuneec53
If you want to save space on your hard drive you might want to think about storing these on your SD card you can probably get anywhere from 3 to 4 flights per SD card and save the space on your computer

I bought a 6TB drive to store my vids on, with the ability to add more later. Hard drives are pretty cheap right now.

External drives are the way to go for storing video and photo files. Both generate a lot of data and can quickly consume a computer hard drive. There will be times when people may want to use portions of previous videos for incorporation into a new production. If we delete our old files there is nothing there to draw from. Although we can put a lot of data on a 64.- 128 gig card the cost of numerous cards, not to mention labeling them, becomes prohibitive quickly. Multi terrabyte external storage drives are not that expensive and are great as an investment in your progress as an aerial videographer. The videos you save today may well become part of an income in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

External drives are the way to go for storing video and photo files. Both generate a lot of data and can quickly consume a computer hard drive. There will be times when people may want to use portions of previous videos for incorporation into a new production. If we delete our old files there is nothing there to draw from. Although we can put a lot of data on a 64.- 128 gig card the cost of numerous cards, not to mention labeling them, becomes prohibitive quickly. Multi terrabyte external storage drives are not that expensive and are great as an investment in your progress as an aerial videographer. The videos you save today may well become part of an income in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly! I have one for stills and one for vids and paid under $300 for both and auto backup to google drive for added security.

I do not miss the days when I hundred meters was the limitation Of your quad copter. Now were talking about TB storage units . That wasn't that long ago.

Hello guys, again I'm sharing uneventful raw flight footage, I recorded this yesterday at a viewpoint on my city.

I was a bit concerned about possible interference from the massive TV broadcasting antennas on the hill, but other than the usual hiccups on the video feed when it was the farthest, everything went perfectly!

I'm getting more comfortable flying the H. Each flight makes me love it more :D

Raw footage from yesterday afternoon from another viewpoint at my hometown.

This time from "Cerro Grande", which roughly translates to "Big Hill", the largest landform on the city.

Every night the large cross outline seen around the 1:30 mark lights up in white, which is visible through most of the city.

Greetings!

Hello everybody,

Continuing to share my uneventful flights with the Typhoon H, here's some "raw" footage I recorded on the weekend, when I went out with some friends to have a ride on a friends' boat in a nearby ***. I took the H with me to get some clips, and to show it off to the guys too.

I've flown the H over water a few times before, but always keeping it relatively close to me. This is the first time I've taken so far away from me over water. (376 m/1233 ft horizontally). It was also a nice time to practice following a moving object. If only the sun wasn't mostly directly on my face..

I find it very much unnerving than sending it away over land, because if I were to make it fall on deep water, it'd be gone.

Anyway, Here's the clips:

Entire footage:

Trip back to land:

These flights were performed with my unit not fitted with the Real Sense module.

Reactions: Camflyer15
Its been a while since I shared some of the raw videos from my personal archive on the forum. So here are some more of my recent uneventful flights (except for a couple aborted ones) performed with my 1st-gen Typhoon H :D

All of these flights were performed running Firmware v1.35 b30

Getting comfortable flying close to deep water

Testing landing on a slope

Testing gimbal stability

Couple aborted flights after noticing unusual behavior

Unusually unpolluted sky on the city

Sort of an average day (in terms of pollution) in the city (practicing some pans and tilts)

Greetings!

Jules, great to see your work. I wonder how you're getting 8 min of RAW video though. My TH480 breaks all video up into no more that 5 min files.

Jules, great to see your work. I wonder how you're getting 8 min of RAW video though. My TH480 breaks all video up into no more that 5 min files.
Thanks. The videos raw in the sense that they're unedited. However the raw files themselves are also 5 minutes segments. I join them together for convenience when uploading/reviewing

Greetings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval