Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sheesh, 3 days and no chatter

Reaction score
Come on folks, how about a little chatter in here, there’s cobwebs starting to form. No one has anything good to talk about?

The typhoon H plus is on par, or better than, the DJI phantom 4pro? Or the inspire 1?

Why is the DJI 4.3 mile range on most of their drones hyped up so much when you’re only supposed to fly line of sight?

Would anyone even feel comfortable launching a drone 4 miles out? I get nervous sending my H’s out when I can barely see them.

What’s a practical reason to fly a drone 1-2-3-4 miles away from the user?

Why didn’t yuneec allow for longer than 1 mile distances, would it have been really that hard to do?

Why does yuneec use dumb batteries instead of smart batteries, to keep the price down? About a $60 difference? DJI BATTs are what, $180 new and TH’s are close to that new maybe a bit less?

Phantom 4pro priced at $1599 under the TH-plus yet has more, arguably better, features, why didn’t yuneec add some of these while keeping the price down?

Is TH-plus on par with the inspire 1 or better?

The TH-plus has held its value tremendously and barely budged from that $1200-$1400 range, anyone see that coming down even if no other line is released (which we know they won’t unless management changed)?

The TH3 has ruffled no feathers and has basically gone dark, why isn’t yuneec promoting it more? You can barely find any information about it online and videos are even more rare?

Does anyone else think the DJI phantom lines just look like toy drones? Based on their appearance alone I couldn’t bring myself to buy one.

Discuss.........

Or.......what kind of bear is best..and Bears beats battlestar Galatica

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
Where can one even buy a Yuneec product anymore? Sorry to say but it looks to me Yuneec is out of the consumer drone business.

Where can one even buy a Yuneec product anymore? Sorry to say but it looks to me Yuneec is out of the consumer drone business.

That sounds about right, although I’m kind of mad (is mad the right word?) the H3 didn’t reduce the price of the plus, it’s price hasn’t budged. Guess that speaks to people’s confidence in yuneec, and H3 specifically. Normally when a company puts out a new model the previous models price will take a hit, but folks holding onto their Th-pluses. Think Everyone’s afraid to even buy the H3 for fear of not knowing what they’re getting.....and for fear of exactly knowing what they’re getting, but not being able to get yuneec’s support when it inevitably goes south on them.

I’m hopeful yuneec will come back from the dead in the states, but not holding my breath. I would love to see what they can do going forward if they actually put the effort into coming back and taking on DJI. The plus is such a great flying machine.

"Dumb Battery"? You mean one that the user is responsible for using and maintaining correctly ? Sorry to sound harsh, but lipos are easy to care for and use and the "smart" nonsense is just that, nonsense that assumes you cannot figure it out for yourself.

I’m not using “dumb battery” in he manner you assume, I merely labeling the battery as such. I could have just as easily stated something along the lines of “ using a battery that does not have built-in viewable levels of charge and discharge”...however “dumb battery” was just easier to write. The fact remains, and the question remains, why didn’t yuneec incorporate “battery’s that have built in charge levels that are easily viewable” or (smart battery’s)

I’m not using “dumb battery” in he manner you assume, I merely labeling the battery as such. I could have just as easily stated something along the lines of “ using a battery that does not have built-in viewable levels of charge and discharge”...however “dumb battery” was just easier to write. The fact remains, and the question remains, why didn’t yuneec incorporate “battery’s that have built in charge levels that are easily viewable” or (smart battery’s)

Maybe they actually were listening, back in the day...

Pilots not wanting to be grounded because their “smart” batteries wanted an update.

Another point of failure.

Cost.

Users did not want them; not following another brand.

Just a few from the lists of posts past.

Jeff

Maybe they actually were listening, back in the day...

Pilots not wanting to be grounded because their “smart” batteries wanted an update.

Another point of failure.

Cost.

Users did not want them; not following another brand.

Just a few from the lists of posts past.

Jeff

Wow, wasn’t even aware DJI batteries require updates? I’m not terribly upset about TH batteries being “dumb”, it’s pretty easy to put it in drone, turn on drone and controller, the see level. That’s said, it would easier with led levels on them. But I guess one of my questions was the cost and how DJI batteries at most cost $30-$40 bucks more than TH’s so I can’t imagine the tech is worth that much. Would you agree to pay $1899 for a TH but wouldn’t agree to a $1935 price tag? If $35 is the difference then yuneec should’ve gone ahead and offered them.

Although, I have no idea what goes into making batteries so clearly I’m way out of my lane.

For a small upfront cost, this little tester outlasts the many batteries one might use in a lifetime of an H series line...

(Yes, I see at the time of this posting, the tester is out of stock. Point is, some of us acquired a few of these early on. In fact, I have previously posted how I use this style tester in a discharge setup; able to easily monitor the voltage while connected to a discharge device [e.g. automobile headlamps/foglights].)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval