Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Field Report Now and then.

Regarding batteries; Europe and the U.K. don’t have Chinese tariffs, we do. That may be why we aren’t getting batteries. OTOH, GensTattu never bothered to offer us the 920 batteries they provided the E.U. and U.K. before they discontinued them altogether.

Having a true 50mm lens is a tremendous advantage as it closely approximates an image as seen by the human eye.

After using both an I-1 and I2 I came to the conclusion the I-1 is a toad but the I-2 is very much like a slightly upgraded 920. If you added an FPV cam and ranging feature to the 920 they would be extremely similar except for the camera, something that had been a feature easy to deal with before Yuneec down graded the 920 to the “Plus” version.

Yuneec’s greatest failure has been with their decision to down grade and isolate their basic platforms instead of designing them around modularity to allow upgraded technology additions.
Agree with ya on several points, but I'm fascinated on the I1 & I2 comment. First, had to get off the floor when I read even a "Hint" of acceptance for the I2... still checking pulse if current life time. ;)

But on the I1 being a toad and the I2 being a performer. Maybe a I1v1, but a I1v2 is normally very spirited and good performer. Newer performing motors, stiffer carbon frame, upgraded ESCs.
Then on the other side, the I2 used to be extremely performance, more aggressive, faster acceleration... overall a great top performer for cinema action usage. After several Firmware upgrades the performance was substantially lowered, acceleration is much reduced... to the point that many Cinema - Racing / Action scenes are not using the I2 as much. ** Edited ** Still has top speed, just less acceleration.

The I1 isn't a I2 competitor in many facets, but is used in several areas for it's lack of hi-tech electronics and more raw performance. It was made prior to the H920 so it is an aging platform but highly used in IR and several facets where low hi-tech is desired... a "plain Jane" Datsun 240Z compared to a Nissan Z.

Having flown & owned them all as well, and an owner that has personally felt the I2 performance changes with FW. I find the I1 still an agile performer... but both of mine are I1v2 Raw & Pro with Xoar Carbon props and I don't recall the I1v1 behavior... but it was significantly less.

Also agree with RPR, the X7 is cinema speciality, the X5S on I2 or X5Raw on I1 will probably provide better photography and better stills for terrain mapping... the X4S being the best of them for terrain mapping.

Last edited:
Agree with ya on several points, but I'm fascinated on the I1 & I2 comment. First, had to get off the floor when I read even a "Hint" of acceptance for the I2... still checking pulse if current life time. ;)

But on the I1 being a toad and the I2 being a performer. Maybe a I1v1, but a I1v2 is normally very spirited and good performer. Newer performing motors, stiffer carbon frame, upgraded ESCs.
Then on the other side, the I2 used to be extremely performance, more aggressive, faster acceleration... overall a great top performer for cinema action usage. After several Firmware upgrades the performance was substantially lowered, acceleration is much reduced... to the point that many Cinema - Racing / Action scenes are not using the I2 as much. ** Edited ** Still has top speed, just less acceleration.

The I1 isn't a I2 competitor in many facets, but is used in several areas for it's lack of hi-tech electronics and more raw performance. It was made prior to the H920 so it is an aging platform but highly used in IR and several facets where low hi-tech is desired... a "plain Jane" Datsun 240Z compared to a Nissan Z.

Having flown & owned them all as well, and an owner that has personally felt the I2 performance changes with FW. I find the I1 still an agile performer... but both of mine are I1v2 Raw & Pro with Xoar Carbon props and I don't recall the I1v1 behavior... but it was significantly less.

Also agree with RPR, the X7 is cinema speciality, the X5S on I2 or X5Raw on I1 will probably provide better photography and better stills for terrain mapping... the X4S being the best of them for terrain mapping.

I’ve found that the i2 is a much solid and refined version of the i1 Pro with x5. The guys flying the inspire in construction, all with the same opinion that the i1 is a bat out of ****. And following Pham’s setup just makes things worst. I have to dial my expo 20%, and sensitivity down to 75%, except for vertical at 90% to make it butter. The first test that I love to do is manual orbit, out of the box the i2 is smooth!

On the drop of a dime, both i1 and i2 can quickly jam, and execute in precision.

I would never fly the TH Plus on the same day, or else I will get bored looking at the TH Plus and would get a neck pain.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
I’ve found that the i2 is a much solid and refined version of the i1 Pro with x5. The guys flying the inspire in construction, all with the same opinion that the i1 is a bat out of ****. And following Pham’s setup just makes things worst. I have to dial my expo 20%, and sensitivity down to 75%, except for vertical at 90% to make it butter. The first test that I love to do is manual orbit, out of the box the i2 is smooth!

On the drop of a dime, both i1 and i2 can quickly jam, and execute in precision.

I would never fly the TH Plus on the same day, or else I will get bored looking at the TH Plus and would get a neck pain.
Would agree totally... the I2 is refined compared to the I1... as compared 240Z to Z Car. The I2 outperforms the I1 in accel, top end, and agility... but the I1 remains a nice bare bones performer particularly when you consider the age/generation that was out at the same time period... it's probably been the best to endure time & function... to me 1000% more classic than the Phantom... Urrg!!

Would agree totally... the I2 is refined compared to the I1... as compared 240Z to Z Car. The I2 outperforms the I1 in accel, top end, and agility... but the I1 remains a nice bare bones performer particularly when you consider the age/generation that was out at the same time period... it's probably been the best to endure time & function... to me 1000% more classic than the Phantom... Urrg!!

I agree... The i1 are still visible in the commercial arena vs the i2... Right now, all of the i2 flyers are still the honeymoon stage and looking for that soft spot.

I never said DJI made bad equipment. They don’t and in fact are well ahead of the game over most makers. Where I have a bad attitude is with their “total control of the users and equipment” policies, and their massive efforts to denigrate and destroy any competitor, along with the meddling in our government affairs.

As I had the “best of the best” at my fingertips I got to fly most everything in any manner I chose but with emphasis on precision manual control to obtain one shot, first shot imagery capture that required no post processing prior to distribution. Accuracy and precision were paramount. Bottom line, I flew them hard. Safely but hard. Out of all the DJI products I felt the I2 was the best of the bunch for the task at hand. It has more top speed than a 920 but in handling it shares the same grace. The FPV cam and ranging features were tremendous boons for the required task.

Turned out it was good my feelings ended up what they were as the client had already mandated the I2 and X7. Sure, the X5 would be just fine for most but if you’re spending that kind of money why short yourself, or the customers. I believe in buying once instead of two or more times to make up for earlier short comings. Cheaper and more productive that way.

Remember when I said that IMO any maker that wanted to succeed needed to employ modularity to satisfy as many customers as possible? Sadly, of all the consumer drone makers, DJI is the only one taking that path. The rest continue with their practice of releasing a continuous stream single use platforms to the lower disposable income brackets. Those folks end up spending more as they have to buy receptively but eventually they’ll figure it out. The custom and semi custom makers for the most part all provide modularity but their system set up is more laborious. Ultimately, any of the makers employing modularity are at price points well above what the average consumer drone buyer is willing or able to spend. Unless the prices come down (highly unlikely) or consumer drone buyers learn they need to step up their game the complaints of wanting or needing better than what they have will remain a common lament.

It’s the same problem the guy driving a KIA experiences when he drools over the Acura next to him at the stoplight. He could have had either one but had to be willing and able to pay for what he got. His only limitation was...himself.

Last edited:
Users also need batteries to continue to fly, why have confidence in Yuneec if we can't get batteries!

Do not use Yuneec batteries after market batteries is betteries shop around you will find a good one. And they last 10 times longer.

They have other batteries 10 times better than Yuneec. The ones they d also after market battery chargers

• Wow
Reactions: DoomMeister
.....Do not use Yuneec batteries after market batteries is betteries shop around you will find a good one. And they last 10 times longer.......

WHAT?????

Show me an H or H+ battery that lasts 10x longer than stock.

I think PRH is pulling our leg, he expresses himself in a unique way?

Me thinks longevity was the implication, not duration.

Either one....show me. Say the stock battery lasts 2 years....show me one that lasts 20 years.

(Not you....PRH)

Either one....show me. Say the stock battery lasts 2 years....show me one that lasts 20 years.

(Not you....PRH)
I still have two stock batteries purchased March 2017, I'm able to fly 12 to 13 minutes with camera on and windy outside!
The video I'm going to post, Steady Drive is one of those batteries.

Last edited:
DJI only survives in the US because of it's political connections and unholy relationship with the FAA

As much as I would like to agree with you I can’t. DJI survives because of their hardware and simplicity of operation. The government relationship is on a completely different level, one related to long term strategic planning to obtain competitive advantage.

As much as I would like to agree with you I can’t. DJI survives because of their hardware and simplicity of operation. The government relationship is on a completely different level, one related to long term strategic planning to obtain competitive advantage.
Simplicity when it's working as it should.

That pretty much covers all of them, doesn’t it?[emoji6]

You have to admit, DJI built their rep around instant gratification and diversity. People are inherently lazy, avoid doing any more than absolutely necessary, and tend to avoid study. That came with the age of the internet and video games. Tap and fly is what opens their doors, and that’s the majority of doors. Pander to the masses and thou shall succeed.

It’s why regular RC is dying while multirotors are expanding. No skill, experience, or knowledge necessary to get in the air.

Reactions: Prince R Harden
Yep just like their lack of brains, no skill.? they want the easy way out, or is that handouts??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x640536786