Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

A few years back, I would have given my left arm to buy the Typhoon H. Things are slightly different now, and so is my budget.

I really like the look of the Breeze. I mean - I REALLY like it. However.......
Keep reading what look like horror stories to do with wifi connectivity with mobile phones, causing crashes, people saying it's a waste of their money, sending the units back to Yuneec and never seeing them for ages or even receiving the drones back only to find the fault with wifi isn't fixed. Most of these horror stories appear to be over a year old though, so my question is this?

Should I buy a Breeze now?
Has Yuneec fixed the issues with firmware updates? Does the drone actually work?
Is anyone out there who has bought one of these cute little Breezes, been through the pain of it not working and come out the other side with something they can't get enough of?!?!?

Any advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I don't exactly want to spend the best part of £300 on something I will just get mad with after week 1. I will be using an android phone (Pixel 2) to operate the Breeze so if anyone has specific experiences with that set up, would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Always an interesting question: "Should I buy this 'thing'"... Should we talk you into it? Would you be mad if we persuaded you to buy a Breeze and then find out you don't like it? There are so many questions to ask; How do you see yourself using it? What kind of person are you? Careful? Do you read instructions? Are you in a hurry to get it in the air and hope for the best? What phone do you plan to use? (Why did I ask you that question? - if you don't know, keep doing research). I could go on, but I won't.

Many have great fun with the Breeze - as they would with the DJI Air or Spark, those that have fun have taken some time to understand all programming parameters of the Breeze and the App. This is important! - Can't stress that enough. Will your Breeze 'fly away' and you'll never see it again? Perhaps, if you don't understand it. But I watch the DJI forum too and they have as many issues, perhaps more, than we do - but then, they have 10x more drones out in the field as the Breeze.

Seeing as how you are asking this question on a Breeze forum I think most answers you will get are, "Sure, buy it - go for it - it's a great drone"... and the like. Do you know what kind of Drone the Breeze is? It's called something else too.. do you know what that is? If not, don't buy one. If so, do you understand the parameters of the other name? Do you want to fly a mile away and take video? Do you know what NFZ stands for? You see, lot's of questions we can ask to determine if the Breeze is right for you.

Good luck on any decision you make.

Erm.........Thank you, I think, Scott.

Not sure that you read my request for information, more than just - As it seems - copied and pasted a standard response.

In the first paragraph the question was asked "What phone do you plan to use? (Why did I ask you that question? - if you don't know, keep doing research). I could go on, but I won't. "

I had already pointed out the answer to that question, albeit I wasn't asking for advice on that.

I did however ask if anyone specifically had purchased a Breeze and had issues with firmware updates and the loss of connectivity, and any subsequent fixes that had resolved this issue. Perhaps I should have put more emphasis on the word "now" in the question i typed in bold.

Maybe I should make myself much clearer.
1) I want to buy the Breeze.
2) I want to know if anyone has had any issues with wifi connectivity, and if/how they have overcome this issue
3) I want to know if anyone has had a firmware update recently that has either adversely affected their drone operating, or if it has indeed fixed some issue.
4) I want to know if I need to be any clearer??

Thank you for your wish of good luck. I am hoping not to add luck into the equation, rather than judgement.

Apologies if my response seems abrupt. Abruptness can be misconstrued for frankness so very frequently.

No issue with your response. On the phone, I’m sure you know that the Breeze only uses 5.8 so if your phone only has 2.4 WiFi it don’t work. Those are the details you need to know, that some overlook, then ask ‘how come I can’t connect to my Breeze ‘.

If you want to buy it, do so. It’s a decent drone for the price.

While all my questions were relevant the next most important one is your application AND what other name is the Breeze known by? I’ll just tell you; it’s called a ‘selfie drone’ and got good reason. The Geofence is very limited in distance; some 325’. Want to fly 1/2 mile and take video; not going to happen. It’s these little details that make new buyers frustrated as they don’t know what they are buying.

There are no firmware issues that I’m aware of. My Breeze works perfect. Others have issues - as reported on any Drone forum.

Look at the Fun Quiz on the Help page for the Breeze. Top sticky. If you can answer these questions you’ll like the breeze a lot.

Reactions: RGHensley
To answer your questions in the second post:

1. The Breeze is a good value at its present price point.

2. Many have had connectivity problems. Android is more problematic than iOS. Both have overcome them provided the device you use is able to support 802.11ac for WiFi and if using the Bluetooth controller you also need at least Bluetooth 4.1. The firmware for the region you are in also makes a difference. Many in Europe have to downgrade to an older firmware to get good connectivity. There is s lot of info on the forum on this subject if you search for it.

3. The combination of phone and firmware in Europe is a balancing act. Read posts by @airborne on the subject to get a more thorough understanding of the subject.

4. Clear enough now. The choice is still personal. There is a huge difference in capability between the Breeze and the Typhoon H. The Breeze max distance is 80 meters up and 100 meters out and the camera is not gimbal mounted so wind is a major factor when taking video as well as smoothness on the controls.

Personally, I enjoy the Breeze and the portability and size make it easy to use in many places. But that being said, I’m ready to move up to a more capable system to take better video. The Breeze was a good starter and less heartache if it was lost due to pilot error. It is a selfie drone and takes decent photos and videos for sharing on social media, but is not a serious videography platform.

Scott’s approach to your appeal was to have you evaluate your questions and apply the information in the forum to come up with the solution, because the answers are already there. The real answer is that like most products it is developed to fill a purpose at a certain price point and capabilities of the products differ. If those capabilities are what you need and are within your budget go for it. If the capabilities are not up to your standards, save a little longer and buy the better equipment in the future.

Reactions: RGHensley
To answer your questions in the second post:

1. The Breeze is a good value at its present price point.

2. Many have had connectivity problems. Android is more problematic than iOS. Both have overcome them provided the device you use is able to support 802.11ac for WiFi and if using the Bluetooth controller you also need at least Bluetooth 4.1. The firmware for the region you are in also makes a difference. Many in Europe have to downgrade to an older firmware to get good connectivity. There is s lot of info on the forum on this subject if you search for it.

3. The combination of phone and firmware in Europe is a balancing act. Read posts by @airborne on the subject to get a more thorough understanding of the subject.

4. Clear enough now. The choice is still personal. There is a huge difference in capability between the Breeze and the Typhoon H. The Breeze max distance is 80 meters up and 100 meters out and the camera is not gimbal mounted so wind is a major factor when taking video as well as smoothness on the controls.

Personally, I enjoy the Breeze and the portability and size make it easy to use in many places. But that being said, I’m ready to move up to a more capable system to take better video. The Breeze was a good starter and less heartache if it was lost due to pilot error. It is a selfie drone and takes decent photos and videos for sharing on social media, but is not a serious videography platform.

Scott’s approach to your appeal was to have you evaluate your questions and apply the information in the forum to come up with the solution, because the answers are already there. The real answer is that like most products it is developed to fill a purpose at a certain price point and capabilities of the products differ. If those capabilities are what you need and are within your budget go for it. If the capabilities are not up to your standards, save a little longer and buy the better equipment in the future.
Great answer and Scott's reply were spot on. I purchased the Breeze on a spot decision w/o hours of research and no, again no Drone flight time at all. I did read the info on the box and got a pretty good idea of what this little marvel was. I have spent enough on RC to know a good deal when I see it. But that was and is me! I myself have no regrets about purchasing, but then again I have had RC crafts w/$1000.00 in that were junk.
Moral....you don't always get what you pay for, sometimes the cheaper turns out the best. Just my 2 cents worth.
Rick

Hi everyone.

Should I buy a Breeze now?

Hi,
so you are in the UK. That means that European firmwares, frequencies and regulations apply.
So make really sure, your phone (Pixel) is capable of operations in the upper (5.8 GHz) band, as opposed to 5.1 GHz. That being said be very clear about the limitations regarding distance. 100 meters are a maximum achieved under the best of circumstances. Think of using a portable repeater. Consider using the controller, it makes life so much easier.
Your question regarding firmware and updates - just don't expect updates in the near or far future. The Breeze being in the market for 2 years now suggests an EOL. The Breeze being sold for 150 $ including the controller might be another indicator. Support from Yuneec Europe in Germany gets slightly friendlier reviews compared to the costumer experience in the US.
Conclusion:
No, do not buy it NOW, wait for a sale - I can and will not start any rumors, but one can expect a significant drop in price in Europe.
Yes, buy one, because it is a smart little toy. The Breeze is classified as a toy in Austria for a reason by aviation authorities. If you are ok with it's limitations go for it. This great forum offers abundant tips for troubleshooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval