Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Signal loss... And now what ?

Reaction score
What happend if I loose contact with my typhoon H (to far, to height) ?
Will it come back home alone ?
Do I have something to do, or just wait ?
Anyone has tested that ?

What happend if I loose contact with my typhoon H (to far, to height) ?
Will it come back home alone ?
Do I have something to do, or just wait ?
Anyone has tested that ?
H will return to home after 10 seconds if it loses GPS signal, not video signal ! If you are concerned flip the Flight Mode switch to "HOME" the switch that selects Safe Mode/Angle Mode and Home mode, BUT ! make sure you are high enough up to clear any obstacles on it's way home ! If you are 30' or below it will stay/raise to 30' and return a direct bath to home(YOU/TRANSMITTER) if you are over 30' it will return at the height you are at ;)

thank you.
So if I loose video signal, I just have to switch to RTH mode. Can I cancel the RTH when I want ?
Yes to "Home" mode, if you can't wait 10 seconds to see if it will notify you of a auto return to home activation. yes you can cancel anytime by flipping the flight control switch back to Smart or Angle modes

H will return to home after 10 seconds if it loses GPS signal, not video signal ! If you are concerned flip the Flight Mode switch to "HOME" the switch that selects Safe Mode/Angle Mode and Home mode, BUT ! make sure you are high enough up to clear any obstacles on it's way home ! If you are 30' or below it will stay/raise to 30' and return a direct bath to home(YOU/TRANSMITTER) if you are over 30' it will return at the height you are at ;)
I think you meant Control signal and not GPS. If it loses GPS, home mode won't work.
Recap: If you lose the control signal, flip it to Home mode. You will always lose video before you lose control so don't confuse the two Eric. When you have it in sight go back to angle or smart and take over the flight.

Reactions: Eric
Would be nice to be able to adjust the RTH to above 30 feet (so it climbs to whatever set and then returns home)… So far have only had to use it once and I was pretty high. In a mountainous area, I found that the 400Ft limit is based, I believe, on where I am standing and not where the H is flying. I tried to climb, lost contact…But, it returned safely.

Reactions: Skypicswa
Would be nice to be able to adjust the RTH to above 30 feet (so it climbs to whatever set and then returns home)… So far have only had to use it once and I was pretty high. In a mountainous area, I found that the 400Ft limit is based, I believe, on where I am standing and not where the H is flying. I tried to climb, lost contact…But, it returned safely.
400' AGL (Above Ground Level) Hopefully in a near future update!

The altitude is based on the altimeter inside the H at the launch site. It would have no way of knowing changes in terrain. In order to fly to higher elevations from a valley I changed the limit in the GUI. I frequently fly to 1000 to 1200' elevation above the launch site but still maintain a max of 400' AGL.
As far as RTH, if you have lost video you will still have control. It's a good practice to raise your altitude before hitting RTH.

Yes… I have now adjusted my height limit in the GUI….And I would have climbed but lost video first…Then telemetry. I think I was around 350 Ft when things went out. Lots of iron in my mountain and does a nice job of blocking out NYC radio stations for me -- Not surprised I lost a connection to the H…I probably won't be flying in that direction, at a distance, again too soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval