Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Skyview goggles first impressions

Reaction score
Got some Skyview goggles for Christmas. Today was the first time I was able to test them out. Here are my first impressions:
Pros
Boots up quickly after 3 second button press
Good color and visibility
Light weight
Good resolution
I can see the whole screen (others have complained about not seeing the bottom edge.)
Nice widescreen view, better than my old headplays
No pixelation/screendoor effect
Fits over my glasses
Low latency

Cons
Fit on my head is not great, light leaks at the sides
No diopter/focus adjustment
No adjustment for interocular distance.
Image is slightly out of focus with my progressive lenses.

As I am old and have multiple vision problems, it is no surprise that the image is not perfectly sharp to me. With other goggles, I have been able to make adjustments to correct for this.
I am considering exchanging them to see if it is a manufacturing error. First I may try some reading glasses in front of my glasses to see if that will help.
Anyone else have similar experience with these goggles?

I have the goggles, and it's not a manufacturing error. it's set to infinite focus which is fine for most people. It would be better if it had the ability to focus for each eye individually. They work fine for me but I don't have any vision issues. I think reading glasses might work for you.

I have the goggles, and it's not a manufacturing error. it's set to infinite focus which is fine for most people. It would be better if it had the ability to focus for each eye individually. They work fine for me but I don't have any vision issues. I think reading glasses might work for you.
I wear progressive lenses which correct for my astigmatism as well as slight magnification. I have to look through the bottom part of the lenses to see things up close. If the goggles were set for infinity focus, I should be able to see fine through the middles of my lenses. To see the images sharply, I have to pull the goggles away from my face a bit so I can tilt my head back and look through the bottom of my lenses.
The problem with using reading glasses, is that I would have to put them on over top of my other glasses in order to have correction for my astigmatism. I might be able to permanently mount some reading glasses inside the goggles.

Huh, maybe the focus is slightly off? Sounds like a pain and may not be worth it.

I took the goggles back to Best Buy and exchanged them. The second pair has the same problem and also with this pair, I am unable to see the bottom edge of the screen. It is a shame that Yuneec has made these non-adjustable. They could have been a great product.

That's too bad that they don't work for you. I agree, they should have made them adjustable.

That's too bad that they don't work for you. I agree, they should have made them adjustable.
I am pretty sure I can fix them by some means. I could add a +1.25 diopter lens in front of the existing ones. Or I could open it up and space the existing lenses farther away from the display. I ordered a cheap pair of glasses with a different prescription than my usual one. The problem here will be that when I take the goggles off, I won't be able to focus on the H in the distance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20