Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So does the Q500 have RTH?

Reaction score
I just got mine I'm a little scared of flying at this point in time since I don't completely understand all the functions yet, I'm coming over from the 3DR SOLO sister site, can some please provide more information about how does this bird react when you lose controller signal?

It has what Yuneec calls Dynamic Return Home.
Switch to Home Mode, and the Typhoon will fly back towards the location of the pilot holding the ST10+, and will automatically land within 13 to 26 feet (4 to 8 meters) of the pilot.

If you take off in Smart Mode and the TYPHOON loses GPS signal/lock it will switch to Angle (Pilot) Mode automatically.

Reactions: dirkclod
It has what Yuneec calls Dynamic Return Home.
Switch to Home Mode, and the Typhoon will fly back towards the location of the pilot holding the ST10+, and will automatically land within 13 to 26 feet (4 to 8 meters) of the pilot.

If you take off in Smart Mode and the TYPHOON loses GPS signal/lock it will switch to Angle (Pilot) Mode automatically.
What is analog pilot mode?

Angle (Pilot) Mode is the mode preferred by experienced RC/drone pilots because the TYPHOON will move in the direction on the control stick is pushed relative to the front/nose of the aircraft . So if you push the right-hand stick to the left, the TYPHOON will bank toward the left side and move to the left . This means if the front/nose of the TYPHOON is pointing away from you it will move to the left , but if the front/nose is pointing at you the TYPHOON will move to the right. See, clear as mud :D

Take a look here at the manual - http://www.yuneec.com/download/manuals/q500_4k_user_manual.pdf

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval