Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some Remarks About The New H- Plus Prior to First Flight

We’ve sorta noticed that and would not mind receiving a little compensation for it. As some of us have contributed at levels that in turn caused a lot (a whole lot) of people to buy their products it might be fair if they gave some of us a new model to experiment with and write about. But that’s not what they do, we have to buy them just like everyone else.

I know for me going forward there won’t be much more “free development” work. I’ll let others be unpaid guinea pigs and do most of the legwork.

From a business standpoint it amazes me that Yuneec doesn't see what one of these aircraft in the hands of a willing and capable pilot - on THIS site would do for their sales - right now. Especially considering that they are the sole point in the US to get one for the next month. Why not get the flood of buyers; (if there is to be one) before they hit the big box stores, direct, full boat sells. I know for me, if I have to wait; I will buy from the same place I have been buying all my camera gear for over 20 years due to the fact that I will have an extra layer of insulation from a possible flop, and that ain't Yuneec.

As the U.S. is the largest single drone market in the world outside of China that would make sense.

We’ve sorta noticed that and would not mind receiving a little compensation for it. As some of us have contributed at levels that in turn caused a lot (a whole lot) of people to buy their products it might be fair if they gave some of us a new model to experiment with and write about. But that’s not what they do, we have to buy them just like everyone else.

I know for me going forward there won’t be much more “free development” work. I’ll let others be unpaid guinea pigs and do most of the legwork.
That is actually an excellent idea. Has anyone approached Yuneec? If they had to handout 10 or 12 birds,it is a drop in the bucket and their return would be huge. Problem is...they don’t realize how well some of you guys are at diagnosis etc.

Considering I have about 225 flying days a year and wide open country, my only limiting factor is lack of desire to spend lots of money on new products and a lack of manufacturers willing to see the whole truth instead of partial truths. Making YouTube videos is easy.

I’m really looking for reasons to buy a Plus but the Anafi is gaining momentum due to manufacturer transparency. I could do both but there would need to be **** good reason to when the price difference is $700.00 against $1,900.00.

The (YouTube) footage I have seen from the Anafi, albeit with beta firmware, doesn't imho get close to the quality I have seen from the H Plus (arguably shipping with beta firmware). Side by side, albeit with many variables, it didn't look possible that both were using a 1" sensor.

Considering I have about 225 flying days a year and wide open country, my only limiting factor is lack of desire to spend lots of money on new products and a lack of manufacturers willing to see the whole truth instead of partial truths. Making YouTube videos is easy.

I’m really looking for reasons to buy a Plus but the Anafi is gaining momentum due to manufacturer transparency. I could do both but there would need to be **** good reason to when the price difference is $700.00 against $1,900.00.
It is a huge price difference and you do a lot of flying. I fly for fun when I can, which seems to be getting less and less and my q500 and h both have low miles lol
One thing I can’t understand with yuneec is compared to other drones, the flight distance is much much less than say the phantom 4 or the Anafi, which I believe is 2.5 miles. It seems yuneec is more sophisticated yet both camera and flight distance seem to be inferior. Like you said the H+ at 1800$ still has a distance of 1 mile which I thought would have been addressed

Since were supposed to be flying VLOS I don’t see the fascination of flying further than the H specs say or higher than 400 ft. It’s tough for me to see the H at distance. Perhaps others have more acute vision than I have or greater faith in the video link back to the controller.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Since were supposed to be flying VLOS I don’t see the fascination of flying further than the H specs say or higher than 400 ft. It’s tough for me to see the H at distance. Perhaps others have more acute vision than I have or greater faith in the video link back to the controller.
I agree with you however there may be instances where in wide open spaces where you know there are no obstacles it would be challenging to rely on the camera and go the extra distance. Where I normally fly I would never attempt it, at least now with my level of experience. I have been focusing more on learning to use the camera to fly but find it difficult

I’m tempted when I’m at the top of a mountain in the Blue Ridge to fly longer distances until I think about the H going down when it’s way out and the distinct possibility of never recovering the it. :(

The only time I contemplate the possible need for flight “beyond the appreciable ability to ‘see’ what the craft is doing” is when I foresee mapping some wide open farmland. For that, I would be on a commercial job, and thus having a waiver for such activity would me a must.

It would also necessitate some additional observers just for peace of mind, if nothing else.

Oh, I should also add it “when flight times under medium to heavy loads” approach 40-60 minutes!

Imagine the possibilities, along with the lower initial outlay for a H level platform.

Jeff

“I love dreaming...”

<SIGH> ...so waiting for the next jump in battery energy density in the next couple of years, to make that happen.

The law is the law, we operate LOS only. If BLOS is desired we apply for a CoA. Yuneec does what they can to maintain compliance with FCC and FAA regulations. As a BLOS conflict has already occurred between a manned aircraft and a consumer drone we can be certain new laws will be enacted to limit range as soon as the NTSB report for that incident is released. For that operator, the difference between what he wanted to do and what he legally could do may well end up costing him a few hundred thousand $$.

When operating BLOS we have zero knowledge of what is under, over, or around our aircraft. The camera view is severely limited. The risk cannot be mitigated with the equipment we have available.

BLOS requires an actual CoA. They won’t grant a waiver without several tons of paperwork. A CoA is far more difficult to apply for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval