Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some Remarks About The New H- Plus Prior to First Flight

Don't think it's been officially released in the US yet...

[in my sternest DAD voice] now go in the corner for a 10 minute time-out... until you show some patience, young man... ;)

Yeah, Mickey got his from Yuneec

Don't think it's been officially released in the US yet...

[in my sternest DAD voice] now go in the corner for a 10 minute time-out... until you show some patience, young man... ;)

Patience? What is this word you speak of? :D I've been waiting for a Typhoon H with a 1 inch sensor for well over a year; so now I want it, and I want right now. :p Guess I can wait another week or so but that will be pushing it.

I want mine in 2 months, with stable FW... :eek:

I'm looking forward to having one as a birthday or Christmas present - you guys can figure out all the wrinkles that need to be ironed out. By then there will be more firmware updates and I'll be able to fly one with confidence. :D

In the meantime I'll be living vicariously through you.

I'm just hoping to see if anyone with a US version can report back that they have had some number of flights without any problems. Also I don't want the RS version so most likely I'll be waiting till July to see what happens when they hit the Best Buy shelves. Tom Petty said it best. . . . .:cool:

"Don't Do Me Like That"? no, wait... "Free Fallin'" LMAO...

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
The way I see it, they’ve had over two years from the release of the H-480 to refine a redesign of the H and almost a year from the 580 release to recognize where they effed up to correct their failures before releasing the H Plus. Lack of a critical function for a camera rig like cruise control and basic documentation is pretty darn hard to forgive.

We have been telling them about their poor documentation for years. Who buys a complicated camera that doesn’t have an explanation of how to use it, while also denied the tools to make effective use of it?

Reactions: biltno
Once upon a time, printing costs would factor into the amount of documentation... doesn't exist in a world of PDFs.

A common factor between both eras is the tech writer. Printing costs are certainly a factor in high volume product distribution but tech writing costs are the same for both. It is also where the deficiency resides.

Hate to say it, but likely the best tech writers are either Japanese, German or American... none of whom would be warmly embraced in a Chinese company.

I know some excellent tech writers here in the U.S. One of them would likely be open to writing a manual but he wouldn’t do it for free as all the contributors did for the forum generated manual. I believe that’s where the problem is, Yuneec has not wanted to invest any money in the documentation process. It’s unfortunate as lack of effective documentation prevents people from buying a complicated product.

Reactions: rdonson
And that way, Yuneec does not have to pay us as copy editors (or beta testers to develop Best Practices)... **** they would not be able to cover health insurance... :eek:

If Yuneec just had a presence in a public blog or forum it would make up for this. Instead the best we can hope for is some videos with the best ones from the EU/UK. With luck some of the Yuneec dealers learn things and pass it on.

Also I don't want the RS version so most likely I'll be waiting till July to see what happens when they hit the Best Buy shelves. Tom Petty said it best. . . . .:cool:

"Don't Do Me Like That"? no, wait... "Free Fallin'" LMAO...

OMG Ty how could we have forgotten the Flyaway song??? Bwahahahahhahahaha... "Don't Come Around Here No More... HEY!"

OK, I'm done now... no I mean it... really...

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
If Yuneec just had a presence in a public blog or forum it would make up for this. Instead the best we can hope for is some videos with the best ones from the EU/UK. With luck some of the Yuneec dealers learn things and pass it on.

I know both Carolina and Terrestrial put new equipment though a lot of tests. I think Carolina pushes them to their limits. With either one their on line musings will be helpful.

OT, hey the class went well I had four licensed airplane pilots including one who flies 767 Jumbo jets...we really had a blast. Another was a fighter pilot. They liked Ty Pilots controller holder and I also showed the class his wonderfully done video on touch pad flying. I also showed an example of what I created with Tuna's fabulous UAV ToolBox which they also enjoyed BOT, I will not be seriously flying the H Plus until I arrive in Iceland June 25. I will post samples and give you my overall impressions. I've got too much work to seriously evaluate it before I leave and I want to provide you with something interesting to look at. I think the H Plus release timing has something to do with upcoming release from DJI about two new products...I'm looking for the rubber dust caps for motors for H + I assume the motors are the same as the 520 does anyone know a source for them? The ones for H will not fit because motor is larger on H+. Calm winds to all...I'll be doing some basic calibration here and if I've got time I'll post how that goes then a short hopefully uneventful test before I pack it for Iceland.

Reactions: Ty Pilot and Tuna
I know both Carolina and Terrestrial put new equipment though a lot of tests. I think Carolina pushes them to their limits. With either one their on line musings will be helpful.
Why does yuneec need to do anything regarding manuals or posting fixes for the top drones? They have you guys here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my