Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SOMETHING ODD I FOUND, CAN YOU TEST?

Reaction score
Without props , just fire up both without props and let me know if yours does what mine is doing and others? This will be profound and helpful to others.
1) Turn on ST16
2) Turn on H -"no props" !
When it states "ready"
3) Accelerate the Left stick to raise it, without mind you props on !
Does the ESC inside the H make a clacetty sound?
Let me know, and I will explain, and do but a couple seconds!

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Without props , just fire up both without props and let me know if yours does what mine is doing and others? This will be profound and helpful to others.
1) Turn on ST16
When it states "ready"

YES same here --

I also tested that soon after I got my H, I always assumed it was normal behaviour.

My reasoning being: One of the motors must send the first red flag upon abnormal speed increase (programming must assume a broken prop) thus triggering 5 motor mode; the "clacetty sound" I believe is the opposed motor doing its thing.

Further test I made when I noticed this (you can try at your own risk): Once the error was triggered I picked up the H and moved it around a bit (as if it was moving around mid-flight); you will hear the motors responding accel/deccelerating as if the H is fighting to stabilize. Sounds pretty cool (and/or scary), but just for a few seconds though, I didn't want to overstress and burn out the motors.

[QUOTE="
Further test I made when I noticed this (you can try at your own risk): Once the error was triggered I picked up the H and moved it around a bit (as if it was moving around mid-flight); you will hear the motors responding accel/deccelerating as if the H is fighting to stabilize. Sounds pretty cool (and/or scary), but just for a few seconds though, I didn't want to overstress and burn out the motors.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Why? I don't know! :D:D Curiosity perhaps? Wondering the old question "What would happen if?..." hehehe

Here, I just recorded what I said for you guys to witness without risking to try it yourselves ;)

P.S. No, the H wasn't damaged after this :rolleyes:

Why? Curiosity perhaps? Wondering the old question "What would happen if?...

Just like the famous last words....." Hold my beer I want to try something"....

Why? Curiosity perhaps? Wondering the old question "What would happen if?...

Just like the famous last words....." Hold my beer I want to try something"....

:D:D Sort of, but with a bit of common sens; holding it up without props doesn't seem dangerous at all :rolleyes:

1) Turn on ST16
When it states "ready"
It's not a good idea to throttle up without props. The ESCs are designed to operate under a certain load on them.

Reactions: abinder
1) Turn on ST16
When it states "ready"

You should NEVER start the Typhoon H motors without the props attached...well, unless you want to take a chance in "killing" your drone. Due to the fail-safe function (ie. if one of the 6 motors fails in flight, the other 5 still allow the drone to be safely flown), when you start up the motors without any props attached, you're taking the chance of accidentally tricking the drone into thinking one of the motors has failed, which, in turn, could cause any of a few other possible problems. As to the specifics of what damage this could call, talk to a drone technician (preferably one at Yuneec, or at a Yuneec dealership).

You should NEVER start the Typhoon H motors without the props attached...well, unless you want to take a chance in "killing" your drone. Due to the fail-safe function (ie. if one of the 6 motors fails in flight, the other 5 still allow the drone to be safely flown), when you start up the motors without any props attached, you're taking the chance of accidentally tricking the drone into thinking one of the motors has failed, which, in turn, could cause any of a few other possible problems. As to the specifics of what damage this could call, talk to a drone technician (preferably one at Yuneec, or at a Yuneec dealership).
Your can and have to, to set settings in the GUI, what I do to test motors my friend!

Reactions: abinder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval