Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Something wrong with SD card / ST16

Y

Yuneec Pilot

Hello dear Forum,
Every time, after my (so far) successfull flights, I put the SD card into the ST16 slot to review my recorded footage. Now recently, i started having major issues with the video content. While reviewing videos, i suddenly started seeing somehow crazy images that look like the video is corrupt or disturbed... (Pictures attached) Also it lags.
Overall, it looks as if it was a live stream image with bad connection, but it is recorded footage and the effect is reproduceable, it happens every time when you watch the footage.
So i thought, the video must be corrupt.

But then, i plugged the SD card into my laptop using the adapter, and everything was great. There were no disturbances at all, no lags, no nothing.

So my question is:
Is this the SD card's fault? And if it is, why was i able to view it directly from the card on my pc?
Or is this somehow caused by the ST16 and do i need Yuneecs help?

Attachments

• IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3664.JPG
    IMG_3664.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3666.JPG
    IMG_3666.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
My St16 records the video without an SD card in it! Is yours the later ST16 (three aerials)?
If the card works in your PC then the card is good, might be a snag with the SD card socket in your ST16.
You can view the footage on your camera over wireless using various phone apps. You just connect to the camera WiFi and there you go.

I found out recently that my ST16 records video and still pictures and I never have tried playing them from the Micro SD card in the ST16. I've always just taken the card out of the camera and transferred the video & stills to my computer.

Since I can play the video right in the St16, I used an HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI port on the top of the St16 and the other end plugged into my computer's monitor. That is the best way I've found to look at the media files.

Another thing is that many have commented about the St16 not being able to shoot video and take still pictures at the same time. I found that if I play the video in the St16, that I can grab a screenshot of while the video is playing. So I can create still pictures from the video and not bother taking any stills in flight. To take a screenshot, just press the middle button on the bottom of the screen. It's quicker than using the photo button.

I can't think of too many high end cameras that can shoot a video and a still at the same time. Off hand I really can't think of any. Perhaps you expect far too much from what you have.

Videos that are recorded in the ST-16 are a max of 720p. What's on the card is the true video product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that if I play the video in the St16, that I can grab a screenshot of while the video is playing. So I can create still pictures from the video and not bother taking any stills in flight. To take a screenshot, just press the middle button on the bottom of the screen. It's quicker than using the photo button.

At considerably lower resolution than the native 12 MP the camera is capable of... the media you have are exactly
as you described... video screenshots, not photos.

My St16 records the video without an SD card in it! Is yours the later ST16 (three aerials)?
If the card works in your PC then the card is good, might be a snag with the SD card socket in your ST16.
You can view the footage on your camera over wireless using various phone apps. You just connect to the camera WiFi and there you go.
Yes i have the ST16+

And I don't record video on the st16, i just view the videos from the drone that is already recorded.

I found out recently that my ST16 records video and still pictures and I never have tried playing them from the Micro SD card in the ST16. I've always just taken the card out of the camera and transferred the video & stills to my computer.

Since I can play the video right in the St16, I used an HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI port on the top of the St16 and the other end plugged into my computer's monitor. That is the best way I've found to look at the media files.

Another thing is that many have commented about the St16 not being able to shoot video and take still pictures at the same time. I found that if I play the video in the St16, that I can grab a screenshot of while the video is playing. So I can create still pictures from the video and not bother taking any stills in flight. To take a screenshot, just press the middle button on the bottom of the screen. It's quicker than using the photo button.
You can grab stills from any video in a decent editing package, DaVinci resolve for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval