Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sorry Yuneec...I'm done.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered on 23 March. Told by Yuneec UK 4 April.
4 April crept by...nothing.
Told by Yuneec 15 April.
15 April....nothing.
Asked Yuneec UK on 18. Told shipping this week.
Inquired today...told by Yuneec today:

"we expect to ship early May"

Typhoon H order canceled, P4 ordered and will be here tomorrow!

Thanks for nothing Yuneec. You suck.

This is the response I got today from CarolinaDronz.

We expect to get some limited qty’s of product next week and we will be shipping Out as they arrive. More info to follow once we receive confirmation from Yuneec.

If people don't currently own a DJI Phantom 3 and were opting between the Typhoon H or Phantom 4 then it does make sense to go with the Phantom 4.

Phantom 4 = small, portable, fast, long flight range, durable in a crash, good video quality. Note: You'll need to add a phone or tablet.

If you already own a Phantom 3, then getting a Phantom 4 is rather silly because it's just an enhanced Phantom 3.

The Typhoon H lacks range and it doesn't look like it would walk away from a crash, but it does have some features that the DJI Inspire has at half the cost.... which is reason enough for me to wait.

Reactions: Skypicswa
And I don't think that'll be the only one.... Although I must say, I'm hanging on for one more week as I think I might look back and be grateful I waited (and waited etc)
I think when it arrives, the eventual pluses will outweigh the delay.
I agree Chris after watching the latest videos on the H (watched your clip) I think Yuneec has been terrible with the pr but there were some improvements over the CES demo.the Fpv guy showed us the improvements and it looks good,I'm waiting it out.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
If people don't currently own a DJI Phantom 3 and were opting between the Typhoon H or Phantom 4 then it does make sense to go with the Phantom 4.

Phantom 4 = small, portable, fast, long flight range, durable in a crash, good video quality. Note: You'll need to add a phone or tablet.

If you already own a Phantom 3, then getting a Phantom 4 is rather silly because it's just an enhanced Phantom 3.

The Typhoon H lacks range and it doesn't look like it would walk away from a crash, but it does have some features that the DJI Inspire has at half the cost.... which is reason enough for me to wait.
You can't really compare the the two until the H comes out the latest info states that there has been changes in the range and video link if I understood that Fpv video.i mean jeez now they claim 40 mph+ in follow me mode,I think we're gonna get something that's gonna surprise us.

Humboldt I must agree that Yuneec has terrible PR, actually it is non existent but it does look like some improvements have been made judging by the latest video and it makes it even more difficult to wait...

Last edited:
I put someone ahead in the order line, I have cancelled my order. I think the H will be great if it ever comes out. May not happen soon, have been told the law suit could stop it all.

You can't really compare the the two until the H comes out the latest info states that there has been changes in the range and video link if I understood that Fpv video.i mean jeez now they claim 40 mph+ in follow me mode,I think we're gonna get something that's gonna surprise us.
I'm only comparing the obvious based on what has been confirmed.

Anyone get an email from Yuneec about the H? Emails like this are out in the wild now.

Date: April 21, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM EDT
Subject: Typhoon H shipment update

Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.

For further questions about your order or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected].

- Team Yuneec

Anyone get an email from Yuneec about the H? Emails like this are out in the wild now.

Date: April 21, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM EDT
Subject: Typhoon H shipment update

Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.

For further questions about your order or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected].

- Team Yuneec
Yes, got the same.

If Yuneec is trying to make changes to the H to make it better than the Phantom 4 now that they have seen the new Phantom, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. Giving us some more throttle like the Sport mode of the P4 would be nice for when you want to fly out to a location before you start the cameras rolling. Even the Q500 could have a sport mode if they put it into a firmware update. Look how fast the Q is when you turn off the GPS. Call it "travel" mode to avoid the law suit and give us a softkey on the touch screen under the follow me softkey.

Reactions: Syntax2600
"We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May." -Yuneec

Ha! Ordered the P4 12 hours ago....it's already "out for delivery"

You lost this round Yuneec

I gotta laugh at this. People jumping ship, cancelling their orders and grabbing the Phanton 4. Is this like computers, where everybody has to have the latest and greatest? Gads, it's a new design, first production run! Granted, Yuneec could have handled their pr a little better. OK, alot better. But still. The features that the Typhoon H brings to the table, IMHO is worth the wait. Those that jump ship, fine. Enjoy having your skids and props in your shots. And, it will move those of us who want the best, ahead in the waiting line.

I realize that in the great grand scheme of things, my purchase or decision not to purchase any item from any manufacturer doesn't warrant a blip on anyone's radar, but I made a promise to my son that he would have a very nice drone for his birthday...May 1st. I'm just glad that in my enthusiasm I didn't specify exactly which...his best friend has a Typhoon Q500 4k, and my kid is always drooling over it...so in an effort to secure something wonderful, all my research finally came down to the H and the P4. I still think the H would have been a better bird, but a promise is a promise. And I can't very well say to my 14 year old "For further questions about your birthday present or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected]." can I?

I guess the H will be an X-mas gift now, should Yuneec get their act together.

its easy to understand the frustrations although im not one of them as I paid ages ago so have the H in the bank, but for those where it is a problem i think it could have been handled better by Yuneec. I feel sorry for the sales guys having to umm and ahh about delivery dates when they are at the mercy of China shipping them, and if anyone has ever dealt with the Chinese before (I have with fireworks) you will soon learn how f___g frustrating they can be, but not one of us know what the delays have been caused by other than the modifications to the landing gear, retracts, camera etc

I preordered the realsense version ages ago and was told late May which im guessing will be late June at best, but there aint a dogs rude bits i can do about it so I will sit and wait patiently and fly other things until then. Hope its worth the wait lol

Reactions: Syntax2600

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval