Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10 Firmware

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the seemingly endless addition of new no-fly zones to the ST10 firmware can be avoided by upgrading with the European version (which I assume only contains the European no-fly zones)? To my knowledge disabling the gps on the quad. itself does not disable the no-fly block since the gps cannot be disabled on the ST10. This block has prevented doing some very lo altitude videos, for example at weddings, when in an almost city wide no-fly zone.

Great questions Robert. I just tried to do a low altitude photo/video shoot of a vacant trailer yard I own. Airport is one mile away but I do not go above 50 feet for the filming. Very frustrating. Thanks, Ryan

I live with in 1 mile of an airport. I contact the tower everytime I fly and I haven't had any problems with no-fly zones. I can fly without any restrictions and without issues flying any On my Q500's

I live with in 1 mile of an airport. I contact the tower everytime I fly and I haven't had any problems with no-fly zones. I can fly without any restrictions and without issues flying any On my Q500's
Thanks Chris. I give them a call and have another go. Ryan

How are you flying the q500 in a NFZ. Mine wont even let you start up if you are.

How are you flying the q500 in a NFZ. Mine wont even let you start up if you are.
I think it might depend on the class of airport... I live less than 500 yards from a small privately owned airfield (3 tarmac runways though) and I can fly here no problem but haven't yet had reason to see if it'd still fire up near a commercial airfield.

PS. If you do install the EU firmware in your ST10 do not install it on your camera as well or you'll quickly find that your tx power has become severely restricted when compared to the non-EU power limit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval