Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ged

Reaction score
Hi everyone,can anyone tell me if they are having the same problem i am with jerky video's in playback on the st16 controller.No matter what video settings i record on when i play the video back it is terribly jerky and i also have intermitent flashes of colour across the screen as well,yet when i upload the videos they play smoothly!..do you think my controller has a fault or is this kind of thing normal and can i stop this from happening?.Thanks in advance..Ged

Hi everyone,can anyone tell me if they are having the same problem i am with jerky video's in playback on the st16 controller.No matter what video settings i record on when i play the video back it is terribly jerky and i also have intermitent flashes of colour across the screen as well,yet when i upload the videos they play smoothly!..do you think my controller has a fault or is this kind of thing normal and can i stop this from happening?.Thanks in advance..Ged
That is normal as it is only a snippet of the original file that is stored on the camera. When you have the card in your computer and copy the files over, they should play ok. The only ones that might not, are ones that are higher resolution than your system can handle.

Reactions: Ged

The higher the resolution you film in the crappier the ST flash playback looks. It's already only 720p and that Android video engine ain't helping. I do recall it not being so bad originally when I jumped in last May.

Reactions: Ged
Hi , DO NOT judge your video by the playback on the ST -16 , Take the card out of the Camera and put it in a good puter with at least a 2 Gig dedicated video card , use VLC or Cyberlink to play back , the 3+ takes amazing vids !

Reactions: Ged and Steve Carr
That is normal as it is only a snippet of the original file that is stored on the camera. When you have the card in your computer and copy the files over, they should play ok. The only ones that might not, are ones that are higher resolution than your system can handle.
Thanks for that,appreciate your time and effort to reply makes me feel a lot happier.

Hi , DO NOT judge your video by the playback on the ST -16 , Take the card out of the Camera and put it in a good puter with at least a 2 Gig dedicated video card , use VLC or Cyberlink to play back , the 3+ takes amazing vids !
Thank you so much for that,i really appreciate your advice.Ged

To everyone who took the time to answer my question a big THANK YOU as a new owner of the typhoon H its good to know you can turn to people such as yourselves to help us "newbies" out with these problems.I think Yuneec should take the time to produce a comprehensive owners manual that would help a lot of us out!..Maybe one day! again thanks for all the replies.Ged

What a great help thank you so much.Ged

Hey guys, same issue here. This past Monday I FINALLY got my TH back after a month and a half of getting repaired at KAV. I got the chance to fly earlier and the playback on st16 was just like you guys are describing being all jerky and blocky. When I put the sd card from the cgo in the st16 it plys fine. It didn't do this before I sent it to get repaired but after checking the firmware version, they must have updated it when it was in for repair. Most definitely seems to me that's one of the downfalls of the latest update. Not really a huge issue seeing it only seems to be the playback on the st16. Hope they fix it thou especially after trying to show some friends the video and not knowing it was going to play like it did! Aww well, atleast I
FINALLY got her back and she's flying great!

Hey guys, same issue here. This past Monday I FINALLY got my TH back after a month and a half of getting repaired at KAV. I got the chance to fly earlier and the playback on st16 was just like you guys are describing being all jerky and blocky. When I put the sd card from the cgo in the st16 it plys fine. It didn't do this before I sent it to get repaired but after checking the firmware version, they must have updated it when it was in for repair. Most definitely seems to me that's one of the downfalls of the latest update. Not really a huge issue seeing it only seems to be the playback on the st16. Hope they fix it thou especially after trying to show some friends the video and not knowing it was going to play like it did! Aww well, atleast I
FINALLY got her back and she's flying great!

Check your video resolution. The higher you shoot the the lesser the quality of playback from the St only. Your capture on the card should be fine.

The ST-16 records and plays back only in 720p, regardless of what the video was recorded at. The video/camera settings recording resolution has no impact on ST-16 play back.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis