Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Display - arc of bars?

Reaction score
I have a TH-Pro. On the ST16 display, I'll see a slightly faded arc of bars, sometimes 6 bars, with numerical values above, like 1.5m, 2.0m. What do these bars indicate? Perhaps distance with the Realsense, but the number don't really change when waving my hand in front of the sensor.

I have a TH-Pro. On the ST16 display, I'll see a slightly faded arc of bars, sometimes 6 bars, with numerical values above, like 1.5m, 2.0m. What do these bars indicate? Perhaps distance with the Realsense, but the number don't really change when waving my hand in front of the sensor.

Indeed distance, either RS to an obstruction, or IPS to ground, I think depending on which update you run.
Waving your hand in front while the H is flying may not be a good idea. :eek:
:):):)

That's my understanding, the RealSense obstacle distance arc in front of the sensor. Man I wish Yuneec would document better. That said, I don't think waving your hand in front of the sensor will do anything. I think some people have tested this with a piece of paper or cardboard in their hand. Also, FYI -yYou aren't supposed to take off or land with obstacle avoidance on.

Was the landing gear down? If so, raise it and see if the display does anything different with objects.

Yep those are the bars for the Obstacle Avoidance (with or without RealSense). The numbers change as well as the color of the bar as you get closer to an object. When tested against my house it was about 2.6m when the H stopped and would not go any further forward.

I got my H with realsence about 2 weeks ago. I still haven't had a chance to fly it :(. But I have powered st16 and H on several times (not the motors) in my house just to check it out. I noticed the red arc also. So I called yuneec and they indeed said it was the distance from an object. I also asked them if there was anyway to change the measurement from Meters to Feet. She check and said no. I asked her to put in a customer request that they need add that option in the next software upgrade. Even in the GUI software the altitude and Geo fence restrictions are in meters. On the Q500 it was in feet.

Thanks for all of the info; makes better sense now. Was a little confused with the 1.5m values since it was just sitting on my bench powered up w/o props, and the values didn't change much when waving my hands in front of the front sensors.

I too hate this reading not showing feet. Even though the software has an imperial/metric switch. It should change this reading as well when we switch the preference . Maybe one day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trienchieu369