Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Display Black when on but blue light OK/No battery indicator while charging.

Reaction score
Hello all,

Sorry for the dumb question, I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and serious rib injuries so I tend to get anxious when encountering issues like this. I obtained a Typhoon H with Real Sense today. When I charge the ST16 display via UBB through the main battery charger (which is working charging the drone's main battery) and tap the ST16's display nothing happens (screen dark). When I unplug the mini-usb from the ST16 and turn it on the blue light is solid and if I press the left/right pads on the bottom I hear a beep but the screen is dark. I unplugged the ST16 battery, waited and plugged it back in and still same issue. Thanks in advance.

How long has it been charging? Mine did the same thing when I first got it. I turned it off (blue light off) and let it charge an hour or so. Then I turned it on and the screen came to life. Turned it back off and then when I tap on the dark screen, I get the charging battery. Then I left it charging overnight. It does take a long time for the ST16 to charge via USB... around 5 hours I think.

Thank you for the quick response. It's been charging 45 minutes or so. How long did it take for yours to display the battery indicator by tapping the screen while charging?

I let it charge about an hour or so. I think it depends on how low your battery is. Then I turned it on to verify that the screen came up. Then turned it back off and the battery icon came up each time I tapped the screen.

Thank you. I sure hope that's it. Peace out. Donald. What kind of cable would I need it charge it with the HiTec X4 AC Plus I got but haven't used for the main batteries because I'm waiting on those cables from Carolina Dronz?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You will have to charge the ST16 with the USB cable. It's not really practical to charge it with the HiTec.

It can take four hours or so to charge the ST16 battery. You don't have to turn on the ST16, just connect the USB cable and turn the charger on. One thing I don't like about the charger, is that it doesn't indicate when the battery is fully charged. No change in the light on the charger. However, when you tap the screen and see the image of the battery, it will be partly white, and black toward the positive end of the battery image. The longer it charges, the black portion will get smaller until it's finally fully charged and just show white only.
I also have the Hitec X4 AC charger and really like it. I have the adapters for the T-H main batteries. I have two batteries and they take about an hour to fully charge. Then the Hitec beeps to let me know it's fully charged.

Good luck and fly safe!

Most good after market chargers like yours should have a Li-ion battery option. You can use your charger to charge the battery a lot faster then any USB can charge it. Your only hold back would be if you don't have the right connector.

Most tablet battery chargers have the micro USB and charge at a safe rate. Both Apple and Fire tablet chargers work, both are faster than the stock charger. Understand that a fast charge on a li-on provides less useful time of use due to using a higher charge rate. Li-ons achieve peak charge state when charged at a .7C rate. There's a chip in the battery assembly that limits charge if charged at a higher rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech