Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 screen blanks when using HDMI out

Reaction score
Can some one from Yuneec reply back as to why the ST16 screen will go blank after a few seconds when using an external monitor ? , you can get the ST16 back for a few seconds by double tap on the screen , but then blanks again after 2 seconds , this is not just a one off on mine , I have spoken with others who are having the same issue , while I am at it any time scale on fixing the long wifi connect time to the H camera :)

Can some one from Yuneec reply back as to why the ST16 screen will go blank after a few seconds when using an external monitor ? , you can get the ST16 back for a few seconds by double tap on the screen , but then blanks again after 2 seconds , this is not just a one off on mine , I have spoken with others who are having the same issue , while I am at it any time scale on fixing the long wifi connect time to the H camera :)
Can you go into the "Pad" and adjust the screen saver time out at all? Like all phones/pads

Yunnec is aware of the HDMI port issue and working on a resolution to fix issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding camera connection delay. Click on system settings ->ok and hit return to home screen. Helps connect quicker.

quickconnect.JPG quickconnectt.JPG

Yunnec is aware of the HDMI port issue and working on a resolution to fix issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding camera connection delay. Click on system settings ->ok and hit return to home screen. Helps connect quicker.

View attachment 952 View attachment 953
Return to home screen? Everytime, or a one time fix? Your talking about the long time it takes the 16 to boot up to "Welcome Pilot" ?

Yep , you need the camera connection before you will get the "Welcome Pilot" and be ready to fly , just it takes so long at times (most times lol )

so you go into system settings and the back button everytime? not tab to select in system settings, That make sense, will try it

I have tried all this before , but does not seem to work for me , although some say it helped , though I think it my just be an illusion
and the camera was almost ready to connect when they went into settings and magically appeared , when they went back to fpv screen lol

It needs an update to fix properly , there is an obvious issue/problem on current firmware , the Q takes nowhere near as long
as the H before it is ready to fly , question is how long until Yuneec think they will be ready with the fix , they have not yet said
that there is a connection problem , be nice of the company to keep us in the loop :)

Reactions: DroneClone
crazy idea , is their a way to connect an ipad to the ST16 to see live downlink video from my h , just trying to find out if its the ST16 screen that makes my video look too dark

crazy idea , is their a way to connect an ipad to the ST16 to see live downlink video from my h , just trying to find out if its the ST16 screen that makes my video look too dark
Yes you can connect one, but many are having disconnect issue. I doubt it is 16 screen, because when I play mine back on 4K Tv still dark, I guess manual adjustments are our fate, since auto seems to be out of the picture in most environments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz