Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 stays on "Unfortunately, FlightMode has stopped."

Reaction score
I have searched the threads and I saw one similar discussion but he was able to get to the screen to reset. I can't get to any other screen. I bought this controller used and it had DataPilot on it, which as far as I could tell doesn't work with the typhoon H. I was able to get the files to install FlightMode and it worked. then I decided to update it but after that, all I get is a message saying "Unfortunately, FlightMode has stopped." and I can't get to the app or android to try to reinstall it. Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I can try? I would really like to have a second controller so my son and I can use the drone and camera together. Thank you for any help! i also tried booting into safe mode and it says safemode in the bottom left corner but still stuck on pop up that says "Unfortunately, FlightMode has stopped."

Last edited:
My first thought is that you may have an ST16S, not an ST16. Unfortunately, BOTH of them are labeled as simply "ST16" on the front cover. Does this controller have two wires and a blue connector on the battery? Or is the battery a one piece arrangement that slides into contacts on the controller.

That's good. It will take me awhile to do some experimenting. I think there may be a way to load the firmware for an ST16S onto the ST16, which may give you access to PAD, (and a way back to being the ST16 you need it to be) but I haven't tried it. I will get back as soon as I know if it will work or not.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I was able to get the files to install FlightMode and it worked.
Back to this statement in your original post. Did you only install 'flightmode", or did you install ALL of the normal ST16 update files?
The thought is that if the controller had DataPilot on it, the previous owner may have fully converted it to use as an ST16S on an H520. If you did NOT install the basic ST16 operating files whey you installed FlightMode, the basic files for the H520 ST16S may still be on the controller, and may still be functioning. If that is true, there is a long shot that if you run the conversion from ST16S to ST16, it may restore your controller.
If you want to give this idea a shot;
1.) Download the files and directories from ST16S to ST16 conversion firmware (US)
2.) Copy the files to an SD card that has been formatted with fat 32.
3.) Ensure "Update.zip" remains a zip file. Do NOT extract it.
3.) Put the SD card in the ST16.
4.) Turn on the ST16.
5.) Cross your fingers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval