Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 WiFI protocol

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I wanted my Typhoon H Pro RS to update with the last Firmware. There are 2 possibilities: with the SD card or using OTA. When choosing the last one you need a Wifi connection with your home network. Unfortunately there are several Wifi connections listed in the ST16 but not mine, even creating a new network failed.
Yuneec CS in Germany told me that there is a possibility that the ST16 Wifi protocol is different and will not recognized by my modem (2.4 Ghz). I live in the Netherlands. Any suggestion is welcome

But which WiFi protocol does the ST16 use?
It uses both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz, it is in a standard wifi mode when in PAD(I am not sure if that is any different in your location or firmware. I also know that I had to be updated to v30 before it would do an OTA update. When in flight app it will only see Yuneec products. I agree with both Rayray and PatR, use the card method to avoid a bricked controller. Wouldnt want the wifi connection to fail mid-upgrade.

I've seen too many people having issues when updating via wi-fi. Card method for me too.

I have updated my ST16 to version b30. In spite of that I don´t see my home WiFi connection (2.4Ghz). My smartphone and other electronic devices do). There are several WiFi protocols like 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11N en 802.11AC So again who knows which protocol(s) ST16 use?

Hi to all,

I wanted my Typhoon H Pro RS to update with the last Firmware. There are 2 possibilities: with the SD card or using OTA. When choosing the last one you need a Wifi connection with your home network. Unfortunately there are several Wifi connections listed in the ST16 but not mine, even creating a new network failed.
Yuneec CS in Germany told me that there is a possibility that the ST16 Wifi protocol is different and will not recognized by my modem (2.4 Ghz). I live in the Netherlands. Any suggestion is welcome

I live in the Netherlands also. No problem with connection on ST.
OTA works perfectly, by the way.

I have updated my ST16 to version b30. In spite of that I don´t see my home WiFi connection (2.4Ghz). My smartphone and other electronic devices do). There are several WiFi protocols like 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11N en 802.11AC So again who knows which protocol(s) ST16 use?

802.11N is 2,4 ghz.
802.11AC is 5 ghz

If your modem is set to private (it doesn't broadcast it's SSD, the network name), or has a security filter on it, you won't see it on your ST-16. However, the ST-16 itself is pretty standard and should connect to any modern WiFi router that is set to allow unknown devices to discover and connect.

If your modem is set to private (it doesn't broadcast it's SSD, the network name), or has a security filter on it, you won't see it on your ST-16. However, the ST-16 itself is pretty standard and should connect to any modern WiFi router that is set to allow unknown devices to discover and connect.

Yeh.
I have an ASUS AC68U .

I updated my firmware a few weeks ago and used the WiFi method and the camera did not respond and the H did not work at all even though it had the update numbers in my st-16.
I looked for an answer on the forum and found others had tried the wifi way with similar results. They tried the SD card approach and it worked great. I also heard the connection to the Yuneec
site and the s-16 could be a good one but some information along the way could be lost. I tried the direct download to SD card and tried again. This time all went well.
So I never use WiFi for my firmware updates... Hope this helps..

Trying to do the same thing over and over again and always failing when another method that works is present and available seems rather stubborn to me. In the 18 hours or so this thread has been active switching to the SD card upload method would have gotten the job done already. But perhaps my perspective is all wrong.

Well... fine. Everybody may have his own preferences, I do not (yet).
No problems to OTA EU firmware tho. (If to many abbrevations, sorry: I encountered no problems whatsoever to online update firmware in Europe)

I did the update for the H with the SD card. No problems at all. The only thing I wanted to know is why my ST16 did not see my WIFI network. Well I´ve found the solution. I changed the channel of the Modem and see ... my ST16 lists my WIFI network. So, every one thanks for your inputs and as far as this topic is concerned .....it may be closed

Reactions: Tuna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval