Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S Android process failures...

Following up on this post just for my closure on the issue.

Received the new ST16S on Nov 5 from Yuneec Customer Service. So was only down about a month this time. I have flown the H+ a couple of times since and all seems to work well. I updated to build 777. While I have not tested modes like CCC, at least the 777 build did not break anything wrt basic functionality. In fact, a previous issue with the gimbal that forced me to downgrade to the may 2018 gimbal FW seems to be fixed. The gimbal now works as advertised with the 777 build. So, I'm happy.

As an aside, I have also been flying my Autel EVO and tend to favor it over the H+ mostly because of stronger control connectivity. For pure VLOS, I trust them equally. If I plan on pushing the VLOS issue, I always will choose the EVO. About 10 days ago I updated the FW on the EVO and it broke the gimbal stability. Turns out that one CAN NOT downgrade the FW so I was stuck. Contacted EVO customer support. Rapid response. Sent them a sample video of the issue. RMA followed and they replaced the gimbal roll motor under warranty. Got the EVO back yesterday, test flight today. Back to smooth pans and great video.

Reactions: rdonson and YuKay
What ended up happening with this one? I just had the same error in my ST16 for the H+. I was in the air yesterday and all of the sudden a pop-up came up saying "android.process.media has stopped". Luckily, I was currently in the Flight control module and thus was still able to land. However, now when I try to start the ST16, it will not even load the Flight Tracker and boot up without the following errors:

android.process.media has stopped
android.process.acore has stopped
Google Play services has stopped
Launcher has stopped

Nothing will boot up besides the start up screen for Flight Tracker and it continues to try to boot up without any success.

I will be opening a case with Yuneec but it seems right now their website is down. I am definately not a happy camper and everything was going fine with the H+ since I got it over 3 months ago. I love the drone but it looks like this happened to you multiple times so now I am worried.

How did you solve it the second time? Did you send it back to Yuneec AGAIN?
@nabbott.us , I sent the ST16S back to Yuneec upon their request. Because this was the second failure with the exact same problem, they wanted the hardware to do diagnostic testing. They said I would receive a new unit. I sent the unit in and after a month of waiting I asked them what was going on? The Customer Support people had never received notification from the repair facility (located in mid-West) that they had received my unit. After profuse apologies from CS, they expedited the new ST16S. Within hours I received notification that the unit had shipped. I received the new ST16S and immediately flew the H+ four times. Everything seemed to work fine. I haven't flown the H+ since then (or even turned on the ST16S) but I assume my problem has been resolved.

For the first failure, I had to send in the ST16S, it seems there is no 'hard reset' button on the unit to allow one to force it back to 'factory mode'. Hopefully they will get your fixed and learned something from my unit to eliminate this failure.

[a side note] The last time I flew the H+ was in November 2018. I like the H+ but I also have the Autel EVO and find it more convenient to fly 'on the spur of the moment' since it is smaller and easier to pack around. That said, I haven't flown the EVO much either. Seems I got sidetracked learning how to fly R/C fixed wing airplanes. Having a blast with the planes and haven't taken much time to fly the drones, although I did fly the EVO today...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval