Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stalling motor and speed control issues H520E

Reaction score
- drone: H520E. I bought it used, but according to the seller and the HOBBS time, it is practically new - 10 minutes of HOBBS time. According to the previous owner, he only tried it on twice and then it was on the shelf for 8 months when I bought it (I have a store purchase invoice, he handed it over).
- Controller: ST16S - according to the DataPilot Planner "Remote Sync" menu
- DataPilot Planner (Windows) Version: v2.1.22
- DataPilot (ST16S) Version: v2.2.20 (I also tried 2.2.7)

"Motor 2 stalling" and "Motor 3 speed control fault" appeared already at the first test - and it was also visible that the propeller sometimes stops for a short time. I raised the drone to just eye level and of course immediately landed it when the problem appeared. After turning the drone/controller on and off, I tried again and the same thing happened. Unfortunately, on the second landing - the drone overturned due to faulty engine/controls (+ weak wind), but because it landed on soft ground in short grass, it was not a big problem - scratched he paint from the propeller arm and the end of one of the propellers was damaged.
I went home and made a calibrations of the drone at home, also did software + firmware updates on both the drone and the controller. After a few days, I tried the flight again...unfortunately with the same result as the first time :(

I tried to download the ULOG files via USB from the drone to my laptop as one the video iuorial i found ina thread here suggested - but with no success. I tried several USB cables...without the battery in the drone, then with battery inside and then with the drone turned off and also turned on... to no avail. The program and the drone did not connect at all.
Any idea how I can download the ULOG files from the drone? hen I could upload it to PX4 Flight Review and share it here for inspection?
or...Is it possible to download the ULOG files from the drone to the ST16S controller? I did not find such an option in the DataPilot menu of the controller.

I was able to download the TLOG files from the ST16S controller to the laptop via the "Remote Sync" menu of DataPilot Planner. I don't know if they are of any use in this case.

ULOG files have a lot more data, TLOG only those that were sent to ST16 but maybe also helpful in some cases. However, the error messages look like HW fault.

br HE
Thank you for your reply. I tried run the app as an admin - still no connection. I uninstalled then installed again the app as an admin - still no connection to the drone. :(
How do you suggest to contact yuneec? As I'm a second owner and also the one year has just passed since the purchase (end of octobre) I1m not sure if contacting he the shop it was bought from would help. I'm not sure.... I'm in Europe

I can offer to check the TLOG files. Or you do it by yourself. To read the MAVlink messages I use Q500log2kml tool (deutsch or english). It will not decode all messages but only those I feel that are important.
You can find it among other stuff here:

Manuals and other docs here:

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
I can offer to check the TLOG files. Or you do it by yourself. To read the MAVlink messages I use Q500log2kml tool (deutsch or english). It will not decode all messages but only those I feel that are important.
You can find it among other stuff here:

Manuals and other docs here:

br HE
Thank you very much. I woud much appreciate it as I probably couldn't make much of these files myself. Is there a specific site I shoud upoad he LOG files them, or how should I share them with you?

I see abnormal high current. In this case flight controller thinks that motors are stuck. This could have different reasons.
- Maybe ESC3 has a sporadic shortcut. The other error messages may be a result of it.
- Or the motors are mechanical blocked or hard running.
- The current sensor may have a problem. But this is improbable because we have corresponding voltage drop.

However, this drone never worked after it was shipped from Yuneec Europe to customer.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Have you turned the motors by hand to feel for any tight spots or noise?
Yes I tried - There is no tight spots, no noise, no difference in feeling of the different motors when turning them manually.
Also, when I arm the drone (fire it up) all is OK - all motors running, no fault messages. This is the case any time I tried.
Only when I lift the drone faults are coming immediatly after take off - hovering at eye level. And I can see the motor stalling then revs up then stalling...

Reactions: Steve Carr
Check the motor's smoother rotation when pulling the propeller up. This is the difference between idling and hovering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech