Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Starter drone selection Breeze VS Visuo XS812 VS MJX Bugs B5W VS ???

Reaction score
I will be buying a drone this holiday season and am wondering what I should consider as a starter drone. If too cheap it may deaden my enthusiasm for drones for lack of ability and features and be considered a waste of money. If too expensive I may be reluctant to really fly it. The 3 I am currently looking at are the Breeze, XS812 & MJX Bugs B5W. Each of them have some advantage over the other. The biggest difference is that basically, the Breeze has 4K, what seems to be better camera quality and vertical adjustable camera in flight, the Visuo has longer flight time and the Bugs is very fast with vertical adjustable camera in flight.

All that being said the Breeze in overall specs seems quite a bit ahead of the others. Is it really a starter drone or more advanced in the mid-range category.

I would get the breeze. That's just me though. I had one and it was awesome.......until I hit a sad spot in the area I was flying in and it decided to land in a waterfall.(on a full battery)

The 1 (XS812) look more like a toy and not something you would find drone pilots like us flying around. But it really depends on what your looking for. I say go for the breeze. But if you want something different, get what you want.

The "bugs" actually doesn't look half bad. Just a little more expensive. The only thing I can see happening though, The video might drop in mid flight. I've bought a handful of amazon offbrand drones and none of them can hold a good video transmission. The breeze did great. Even 200ft out I had pretty good video feed.

I would get the breeze. That's just me though. I had one and it was awesome.......until I hit a sad spot in the area I was flying in and it decided to land in a waterfall.(on a full battery)

The 1 (XS812) look more like a toy and not something you would find drone pilots like us flying around. But it really depends on what your looking for. I say go for the breeze. But if you want something different, get what you want.

The "bugs" actually doesn't look half bad. Just a little more expensive. The only thing I can see happening though, The video might drop in mid flight. I've bought a handful of amazon offbrand drones and none of them can hold a good video transmission. The breeze did great. Even 200ft out I had pretty good video feed.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am leaning in the direction of buying the Breeze. When I outgrow it, it will retain a better resale value also. Concerning the video... I am seeing this is a higher end piece of equipment and is more mid-range in quality. The ones I listed are basically better toy drones. I just saw Walmart(of all places) has them for $150 with a controller and 2 day pickup from the store.

I see you have your 107 certifications. I am buying a farm and will be using a drone/drones for numerous tasks from surveying the property and crops to spraying crops. I see the government want even small farmers to get that even if they are going to just fly a drone on their own land. Sounds like a bit of over-reach to me especially when you can map out an area and everything is done by basically an almost hands-off approach. Did you take a formal class or just study for the test on your own.

Thanks

Reactions: Mr. I
I see you have your 107 certifications. I am buying a farm and will be using a drone/drones for numerous tasks from surveying the property and crops to spraying crops. I see the government want even small farmers to get that even if they are going to just fly a drone on their own land. Sounds like a bit of over-reach to me especially when you can map out an area and everything is done by basically an almost hands-off approach. Did you take a formal class or just study for the test on your own.

Sounds like you've done your research. I'm not sure about it but, I don't think you need a 107 to fly on your own land. You need it if you want to fly commercially. ( for hire, pay, ) But I guess, If you're doing commercial work for yourself. That might count in the FAA's book.

About testing. I took a online course by Drone Pilot Ground School. They did a amazing job making this course. I loved it. You can find free stuff on the FAA's website but I hear they don't do a good job explaining anything. I paid 250$ for there course. I'd do it again to, it was that good.

In theory, you don't need to take any courses. your not required to take them, you just have to pass the test at a testing center. It's not to expensive to get your part 107, I got it for around 500$ If you have any other questions please ask. Best of luck !

Mr. I,

If you have never flown a drone before, let alone anything RC, put your ego on the shelf and get a very inexpensive UAV to start.

As just one of many options, search for hubsan 107 models. For under $50 (USD) one can have all kinds of fun, especially indoors (the prop guards highly recommended.). Camera versions also available, but why?

You can still spend on a breeze or higher, but with the hubsan and similar, one can get used to flying without breaking the bank let alone what likely will be your “first love” no matter what you get, higher end.

Good luck and welcome to another addiction!

Jeff

Jeff is right on the money start very small understand this you will Crash !!! Especially when you learn to fly and get cocky .. we all Crash there is a small price to pay if you start out Small .

Yes, I totally agree with it to go with Breeze for beginners after you get used to it then you decide later, to go for a high end drones.

The reason to buy Breeze if you run into problems or technical you will find its on YouTube for some answers beside lot of people who bought this drone for the same reasons .

I am not crazy about drone but right now it seems to fit the budget before spending a fortune without any experience.

Last edited:
Btw don't buy cheap drone get a decent and not too expensive either not under $100, beside you will upgrade later in the near future.

Btw don't buy cheap drone get a decent and not too expensive either not under $100, beside you will upgrade later in the near future.

Fly,

Not sure you are getting the point of the "start cheap" post (#5). The idea is to get acclimated with controlling something, especially without GPS assist. Learn how to fly with something that will not break the bank and... can be as safe as possible, meaning if it does crash, it is unlikely it will hurt, in more ways than one.

Not saying "do not buy a Breeze or something better". Just saying: "Learn to fly with little at stake."

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro