Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stills from my first real flight

Nice pics and a really cool place to fly. Looks like fun.

Reactions: richiebreeze316
Was it my flying or the music ?
Many many moons ago I was in the TV industry, editor, producer and video eng. Now this was way back when we had 2" tape and 16mm.
Rules though remain the same when it comes to editing video's, and pictures.
What are you trying to accomplish with your video?
Is it going all over the place without any thought put into it.
In other words; Tell it like a story as you would tell it to a friend does it make sense?
Why show the same images time after time after time.
Twice maybe 3 times ok, but it better be interesting!

Does music reflect your video, and what age group?
Unless it's a video that's spectacular and holds the audience, vocals are taboo unless it relates to the subject video.
Is ZZ top good for nature scenes? Most likely not, however Enya would be better.
Length way way to long.

I would like to see you redo the video, and I think you would and could do a spectacular job at it.
Editing takes time, never rush yourself!
I'm not a Hollywood producer guru, but I watch a lot of how they produce their films and commercials.
????

Also look up rule of thirds for video and photography.

Notes taken and thank you for your honesty and input . I will go back to the drawing board and see what I can do [emoji106]
Many many moons ago I was in the TV industry, editor, producer and video eng. Now this was way back when we had 2" tape and 16mm.
Rules though remain the same when it comes to editing video's, and pictures.
What are you trying to accomplish with your video?
Is it going all over the place without any thought put into it.
In other words; Tell it like a story as you would tell it to a friend does it make sense?
Why show the same images time after time after time.
Twice maybe 3 times ok, but it better be interesting!

Does music reflect your video, and what age group?
Unless it's a video that's spectacular and holds the audience, vocals are taboo unless it relates to the subject video.
Is ZZ top good for nature scenes? Most likely not, however Enya would be better.
Length way way to long.

I would like to see you redo the video, and I think you would and could do a spectacular job at it.
Editing takes time, never rush yourself!
I'm not a Hollywood producer guru, but I watch a lot of how they produce their films and commercials.
[emoji440][emoji443][emoji328][emoji327]

Also look up rule of thirds for video and photography.

Reactions: AH-1G
So after some constructive criticism I've re-edited and tried again . Hope this is better I've made it shorter and changed the music.

Enya, lol,
The Celts, now that's more appropriate.
What drone do you fly?

Last edited:
Just a few shots from my maiden flight at Finchale priory in Durham . Video will follow when created and uploaded to YouTubeView attachment 14659View attachment 14660View attachment 14661View attachment 14662
I had my first video camera around 20 years ago and still enjoy putting together a good edited production, mainly for just family and friends or re-living exciting holiday destinations.
I purchased my breeze with the idea of incorporating some aerial shots but as yet have not had the opportunity to make something interesting. Still learning to master the flight controls to my own satisfaction before doing the footage. Now mentioned in another reply was the comment about looking at interesting and well made clips. TV ads, although switch off the brain inducing, are a great way to learn some real skills. A very old book I picked up a garage sale years ago, went a long way to getting my clips going in the right direction. As the author said, there are not too many good memories of watching someone else's home movies. After all, who wants to watch even one minute of Aunty Maud sitting in her chair drooling while she's asleep? The human brain can take in an enormous amount of information in a very short space of time. (I've taken note of some TV ads that can cram 40 scene changes into a 30 second commercial. Don't watch ads for their content rather than the duration of scenes) My Handycam has a snap mode which can limit the the amount of time you press the trigger. I usually have mine set to 20 seconds but editing often shortens these up drastically. As the footage you are taking on your breeze is usually as long as the bird is in the air, there are a few tricks to help getting your message across without becoming tedious. Most good editing software will have the option of either manually or automatically splitting the clip into much smaller pieces. 10 to 15 second slices are good to start with. Then scroll through them selecting only those that are showing either a different view or perspective. As a rough idea, I would usually end up with a 20 minute DVD from 4 to 5 hours of actual filming. Maybe just another point in regard to your finished clip. It does look like a great spot but I don't know where it is or what the ruins depict other than being a priory. This type of clip would be enhanced by some voice-over narration explaing the various sections etc. If you don't have a good voice, hold some auditions between friends etc and research your study materials before scripting the text. Best of luck with your new endeavour. Cheers from Tasmania

Reactions: DoomMeister
My first video is being shown on the TV channel Tyne and wear TV on Monday 4th march at 18:15. I'm rather pleased with myself

• Wow
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li