Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Storage case

Same here, also still using office 2003, AutoCAD 2002 and even Front Page 2003 for web but, now that Micro Soft has dropped all support I will be forced to upgrade. And Like You when Adobe went to subscription I held on to all my Old Adobe suite but the video side of CS4 can not even deal with modern GoPro footage so I was forced to abandon PP but I do still Use After Effects when I need to do any graphics or animations for video.

Another perspective.

Besides flying an H I am an avid amateur photographer and I subscribe to the Adobe CC "photography" plan. It's $10/month. That turns out to be less than the cost of the old way of charging for upgrades and now the upgrades come several times a year vs every 1.5 years. Its important for me to stay current on PS and Lightroom. Not just for new features and bug fixes but for new camera and lens profiles. Lr is also more than a photo editor, book module, print module it is my *** (digital asset management) software for my photos (lots of TBs being managed).

I keep my video software, "Final Cut Pro X" and plugins up to date.

I also keep my computers up to date so that I'm less vulnerable to the "hack/exploit of the day". That includes my cable modem, wi-fi routers, my redundant storage devices, etc.

I even encrypt my DNS traffic and use software to make it more difficult for FB, Google, etc to harvest my activities.

The good news is that we're all free to follow whatever path we'd like.

That is a wise policy Ron and I don't disagree with any of it, in fact; I am about to buy another computer for photos and video production and will have the newest Lightroom and Photoshop on it. The problem with the Adobe Video suite is that is is 60.00 dollars a month and I can't justify that as I do not make money with my videos, even though I could monetize them, I choose not to.

Still using Front Page is a case of laziness is suppose, but also in my lines of work I have workflows with programs in photography, videography, web building, 2D and 3D design, tool pathing and others and it gets to the point some times that it easier to just stretch it a little more. But yeah a rolling stone gathers no moss. So new Computer first with Lightroom and Photo Shop and we'll see about the rest. ;)

Ok my pro come with the 3 antenna and wizard 2 batteries *** this is getting confusing might need to wait till I go home to measure mine lol here is what mines looks like took this the day I got it View attachment 11060
Hmm. That looks different to mine. I bought my (standard) H on a pre order and received it at the beginning of June 2016. The noticeable main difference is the holes for the batteries: on mine they are at the bottom if viewed as in the above picture.

Mine was bought may this year from copter.eu in Germany it was the better deal at the time compared to the UK sellers

**** straight... both with hardware and software, I'll use until it no longer functions... but in the case of those 2 programs there are other factors. Any really old school user of MS Office knows the rather large re-design that happened with the update from Office 2003 to Office 2007.

Unfortunately, the update was designed with of a pool of people who had never used the Office Suite, so the whole push was geared to brand new users. This led to many experienced users, to be very annoyed with the myriad of navigational changes, myself included. So I vowed to only update to the familiar 2003 version.

With Photoshop I have also used CS5 before and that is good, but the more pragmatic reason is that I also will not acquire software on a subscription basis. Subscription based software is the equivalent of Enterprise Rental cars... a software subscription is simply a rental fee. A software license however, is a one time purchase. So I am old school... hey I am willing to pay a higher cost for for a CD version of tax software... I'll never do that online.
I also liked old office and dislike the Adobe cloud. Unfortunately i did IT for 20 years and had to get with the new programs

That is a wise policy Ron and I don't disagree with any of it, in fact; I am about to buy another computer for photos and video production and will have the newest Lightroom and Photoshop on it. The problem with the Adobe Video suite is that is is 60.00 dollars a month and I can't justify that as I do not make money with my videos, even though I could monetize them, I choose not to.

Still using Front Page is a case of laziness is suppose, but also in my lines of work I have workflows with programs in photography, videography, web building, 2D and 3D design, tool pathing and others and it gets to the point some times that it easier to just stretch it a little more. But yeah a rolling stone gathers no moss. So new Computer first with Lightroom and Photo Shop and we'll see about the rest. ;)
Unfortunately Adobe sucked us in on the subscription cloud thing and kept hiking the prices up.

That's what I've been paying since they started with the subscriptions. That''s still the price.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

OK... I think Ty was referring to the suite which includes Premiere Pro. Coming from a update every 3-4 years, at a update pricing of what was around $150-160... so my yearly cost was under $50. Since I have not generated income photographically for about 15 years, no way could I justify that investment.

OK... I think Ty was referring to the suite which includes Premiere Pro. Coming from a update every 3-4 years, at a update pricing of what was around $150-160... so my yearly cost was under $50. Since I have not generated income photographically for about 15 years, no way could I justify that investment.

I gave up on making money from phography well over a decade ago. That’s not how I made my living anyway. Now it’s just my hobby and a passion and I’m willing to spend $10/month for the plan. I was willing to spend $299 on Apple’s Final Cut Pro 10 for video and the updates are free. I tried DaVinci Resolve (free version) and figured I’d be long gone before I learned how to use it.

Compared to my costs for computers, storage, printer, web presence, etc my software costs are well within reason.

I gave up on making money from phography well over a decade ago. That’s not how I made my living anyway. Now it’s just my hobby and a passion and I’m willing to spend $10/month for the plan. I was willing to spend $299 on Apple’s Final Cut Pro 10 for video and the updates are free. I tried DaVinci Resolve (free version) and figured I’d be long gone before I learned how to use it.

Compared to my costs for computers, storage, printer, web presence, etc my software costs are well within reason.

Wow , wish all my software cost where we’ll with in reason ..... I think just this year alone so I have well over 5k on development software and test servers

Yes, I was referring to the video suite which has Premeier, AfterEffects, Media Encoder and I believe and a few others, basically everything you would use in video production is 600.00 bucks a year. I am trying to put together a real estate video platform format that I could offer (if I ever get the Plus to a job) and if that starts up I will get full boat I just can't get it now.

Wow , wish all my software cost where we’ll with in reason ..... I think just this year alone so I have well over 5k on development software and test servers

All my software development projects and time in IT as an enterprise architect were in Fortune 100 companies. I can only admire those who go it on their own.

Since I have not generated income photographically for about 15 years, no way could I justify that investment.

Probably should qualify this statement... There's no way could I justify that investment, given that I can do all I need to, with my current CS5 version.

Probably should qualify this statement... There's no way could I justify that investment, given that I can do all I need to, with my current CS5 version.
And that clarification also backs up the point that most can't justify $600 for color correcting and modifying drone videos.

They need to come up with an old farts drone package

Reactions: FlushVision
And yes!... oldfartdrones.com is an available domain name... You can thank me later... :p

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20