Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Swollen battery stuck in the TPH+

Best Buy does as well... however I asked them what precautions they take with LiPos... they were clueless as to what I was talking about... I still take my batteries there, but I do give them the salt water bath to bring them down to 0.0V... as I have no evidence they know how to handle LiPos.

Last edited:
I noticed my original H battery was swollen a bit. I am considering now to use pin to puncher the plastic part to let our some of the pressure. I don't know if its a good idea. Any thoughts.

If there is give when you press on nameplate (assuming this is what you are referring to) there really isn’t anything to release. It is likely just the nameplate that has bowed due to the heat.

If there is actual gas build up escaping from the cells themselves... well... hopefully the next action is obvious... safely discharge and discard appropriately, and soon!

Last edited:
If there is give when you press on nameplate (assuming this is what you are referring to) there really isn’t anything to release. It is likely just the nameplate that has bowed due to the heat.

If there is actual gas build up escaping from the cells themselves... well... hopefully the next action is obvious... safely discharge and discard appropriately, and soon!
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt