Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Symptoms of Compass Calibration Error?

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

I'm a relative "newbie" with my Yuneec Q500 4K drone. I try to follow all the guidance provided in the manuals and from most helpful folks here. I do have a question regarding the calibration of the compass and suspect it applies to other models as well.

Although an inconvenience, I generally re-calibrate whenever I change flying locations. But I do wonder, if the unit is NOT properly calibrated what symptoms would appear to the operator? Is recalibration suggested after a firmware upgrade? After a "mishap?"

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Paul

what i do for every flight is go up about 30' let it hover for about 10 to 15 seconds if the quad dose not drift then i am good to go .
fly safe

Exactly what I do also. Don't get in a big hurry. Give the equipment time to lock in to the Satellites. You can see how many Satellites both the Bird and Controller has on the controller screen. I attached a picture that shows where to look on the controller.

Attachments

• DSC_1207 view arrows.jpg
    DSC_1207 view arrows.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: PMunch
+1 on what has been said so far. On any of my drones I take it up to about 10' and let it hover. I watch for drift. It its drifting badly then I recalibrate....

Reactions: PMunch
I to on any of my drones I take it up to about 10 - 20 feet and let it hover. I watch for drift, I then move all controls front , back, left , right up down, while observing all movements, I then re check my controller to make sure I have good signals, and ALL switches are where I want them to be. NO need to get in a hurry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone