Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The after market multicharger

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience using the 3 battery aftermarket charger? Made in China, so you have to wonder, but I was thinking I might use the balance charger cable that comes with the device on my other meters and the battery discharger that I use for my Q500.

So the Multi charger came today and it looks very promising! The connector wires look like the more expensive connectors with the balancing and the output connectors included. If it is wired correctly, I should be able to use the connector wires with the included multicharger, my Imax charger or the cell mate meter/discharger. Don't know for sure though, so here are the photos of the connector that just came in:1539315395

Looks good from what I see in the photos. The white connector goes to the balance board and it appears the red wire connects to the vertical blade in the connector to the battery.

Where did you find the adapter cable?

Just a follow up on this thread, the Breeze charger took 40 minutes to charge a battery, after market charger took 45 minutes for 2 of the batteries and 60 min for one battery. I only used the charger included and did not try the imax. I'm a little leary about using it using the output jacks since the manufacturer covered the plugs with plastic shrink wrap.

Does the aftermarket charger you used only have the balance connector for charging? If that is the case it explains why there is shrink wrap on the banana plug leads. They are usually used to do the main charging, then when you get near full charge balance charging occurs at a lower current through the balance charging leads.

You are correct DM as usual, I just haven't torn off the wrap on the banana plugs and tried charging on my imax. Just haven't had a chance and there is an intimidation factor since I don't see an equivalent to the banana plug on the battery. I'll report when I try it out.

Look at the pinout diagram in this post Battery blinking blue light. The black banana goes to pin 1 and also one end of the balance plug. The middle pins of balance plug go to pins 2 and 3 on the battery and the other end of the balance plug and red banana go to pin 4.

If you remove the shrink wrap save it to reinsulate the banana leads in case you need to use the charger they came with, as they will have about 12.6V on them while charging and could cause a short and explode the battery.

Reactions: robbie2
Look at the pinout diagram in this post Battery blinking blue light. The black banana goes to pin 1 and also one end of the balance plug. The middle pins of balance plug go to pins 2 and 3 on the battery and the other end of the balance plug and red banana go to pin 4.

If you remove the shrink wrap save it to reinsulate the banana leads in case you need to use the charger they came with, as they will have about 12.6V on them while charging and could cause a short and explode the battery.

DM, when using the Banana Plugs on the Q500 battery I notice that there are equivalent plugs in the battery head where they attach to, since there are none in the breeze battery, I would assume that if I use the Banana Plugs in the imax, it may not be the right contacts on the battery head and a potential problem could occur. My question is if I try this, should I connect both the balance plug and the Banana Plugs or just the Banana Plugs by themselves in the imax charger?

Can you post a picture of the imax charger?

17353F1A-FF9A-487C-AAAE-E5B3FB694753.jpeg

This shows the equivalent of your cable as to where the red and black banana leads attach to the balance leads. They go to the banana connectors on my charger. The charger switches from the banana leads to the balance leads when the battery gets near charge completion.

On the imax you can use the main banana plugs along with the balance plug. Be sure to set it so to a 1.1A charge rate which is the 1C rate for the 1150mAh Breeze battery. If you have third party batteries for the Breeze just divide the mAh rating by 1000 and set the charging amps to that value.

If the imax gives you the option to measure the IR of the cells I would be very interested to know what values you get on your batteries. My three have IR values in the high teens and all were manufactured in 2016.

Yes, the internal resistance of the battery cells. It is not something you can measure directly with a multimeter to my knowledge.

I just looked up the manual for the imax b6 and there is no mention of IR measurement. It seems to be a good charger for the price and will work better to lengthen the life of your Breeze batteries by having a storage charge ability.

Yes, the internal resistance of the battery cells. It is not something you can measure directly with a multimeter to my knowledge.

I just looked up the manual for the imax b6 and there is no mention of IR measurement. It seems to be a good charger for the price and will work better to lengthen the life of your Breeze batteries by having a storage charge ability.
It is a good charger, but indeed doesn't do IR measuring. I use the storage charge function all the time and believe that it has saved the charger's cost multiple times already, by saving my batteries from premature death.

Just some observations on the aftermarket charger, it nows charges about as fast as the Yuneec charger, but it also does so without heating up, the Yuneec charger gets warm as the battery reaches full charge voltage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy