Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

Regarding average video range for both models, I believe you are right the 920 is the lower of the two. However, I’ve had the H drop video signal at as little as 400’.

I know were not suppose to mention the DJx company here but there video signal is light years ahead of the 920. My biggest complaint is the fact that through most of the flight I had no video feed. Is there a different antenna that could be fitted to the cgo4?

None that I’ve found but it looks like the existing antennas could be re-routed to avoid rubbing on the gimbal mount. DJI’s operational range intent and advertising is flat out illegal.

None that I’ve found but it looks like the existing antennas could be re-routed to avoid rubbing on the gimbal mount. DJI’s operational range intent and advertising is flat out illegal.
I get that LOS is the determining factor but video signals cutting out at 100's of feet is a real annoyance. I don't want to fly at 4 miles away. I want video that doesn't cut out and then fly blinded for the rest of the voyage.

I just ordered a VOS 10 DBI crossbar antenna to see if that takes care of the issue. I seldom have video issues with my 480's. The few times were with trees and strong WiFi interference.

I get that LOS is the determining factor but video signals cutting out at 100's of feet is a real annoyance. I don't want to fly at 4 miles away. I want video that doesn't cut out and then fly blinded for the rest of the voyage.

I just ordered a VOS 10 DBI crossbar antenna to see if that takes care of the issue. I seldom have video issues with my 480's. The few times were with trees and strong WiFi interference.
Just remember that the only way you get gain from a passive antenna is by reducing the beam width. Keep the antenna pointed at the aircraft.

Also, if you mix circular and rectangular polarized antennas you will loose 3 dB.

Also, if you mix circular and rectangular polarized antennas you will loose 3 dB.
So with a crosshair is that going to lose 3dbi? My understanding was that this was my best choice. I've got the Yuneec directional antenna and do make sure to aim it at the drone.

Which antennas are 4hawks using?

Are both antennas on the cgo4 used for video?
34017498_383914732102818_8272127400305754112_o.jpg

Last edited:
I only see one. Its just a wire hanging
The other one is most likely up in the chamber.
Mine has 2 short wire antennas exiting vented area at the top rear of the camera.
Steve Kristiansen Can’t tell exactly from your pic but looks like the gimbal top? If so, those are not for video, but gimbal&camera control. Video encoder board and wifi video transmission happens inside the CGO4 itself.

Steve Kristiansen Can’t tell exactly from your pic but looks like the gimbal top? If so, those are not for video, but gimbal&camera control. Video encoder board and wifi video transmission happens inside the CGO4 itself.
So I looked at my cgo4. 1 wire hanging out of top gimble but I noticed my camera has a wifi module built into bottom of camera. It has wifi symbols. On it

1CFAE182-CB56-4C6C-914C-95EBB7C10601.png

See item 13, the 5.8 gHz video antenna. Think it is circular polarized.

So I looked at my cgo4. 1 wire hanging out of top gimble but I noticed my camera has a wifi module built into bottom of camera. It has wifi symbols. On it
This is only wire which is hanging from top part of gimble0531181416b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech