Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

Yea she won't gripe long when she sees that it was my business that bought it

Yea she won't gripe long when she sees that it was my business that bought it
That doesn't work with mine... she still has a way to rationalize a shopping mall. And I've figured out if I come along and take a bench, some how I've indirectly already pre-approved her purchases.... cause I'm there. Sly Woman she is...

Reactions: thoneter
It is good to know what's what when it comes to the realities of the 920

Well ill let her go on her shopping trip and when she gets back my business invoice will be on the fridge

It is good to know what's what when it comes to the realities of the 920
Yes it is good to know and the main reason I bought one is because of the knowledgeable people on this forum give confidence to help in tech issues that come up

Wife signing for large Drone packages can be dangerous. My Wife simply witnessed the unwrapping... something I normally do out of sight... and that amounted in a shopping mall trip where I sat on a bench while she ran the stores.

Been in that boat too many times myself. It always end up costing more than double what I spent.

It’s not just the immediate retribution, it has the additional physiological under tones to bury the knife deeper over an extended period of time. At one time I was lucky as my RC experience granted forgiveness because it enabled a good income career in the UAV industry but now that I’ve retired from that the old ways of getting even have renewed.

If you don’t have a private spending account that only you can access you’re doomed to a retaliatory purgatory with every significant purchase.

It’s not just the immediate retribution, it has the additional physiological under tones to bury the knife deeper over an extended period of time. At one time I was lucky as my RC experience granted forgiveness because it enabled a good income career in the UAV industry but now that I’ve retired from that the old ways of getting even have renewed.

If you don’t have a private spending account that only you can access you’re doomed to a retaliatory purgatory with every significant purchase.
I agree

I made a post about binding a wizard wand to the 920 plus since has follow me mode will it bind and fly the 920 plus

I don’t know. Perhaps it could when flown as a Typhoon H fitted with a CGO-3 but not likely as a 920 with a CGO-4. Best to ask Yuneec.

That’s a lot of multirotor to trust to the nuances of a Wizard.

I don’t know. Perhaps it could when flown as a Typhoon H fitted with a CGO-3 but not likely as a 920 with a CGO-4. Best to ask Yuneec.

That’s a lot of multirotor to trust to the nuances of a Wizard.
You are right about that PatR

Should anyone elect to buy a 920+, a couple suggestions to be acted on before flying it.

First is to balance the props. All of mine were out of balance a little to quite a lot and the imbalance would not have been good for vibration free images. I was tipped off to the possibility of out of balance props by Seabee and he was right on the money. To balance the props you must first remove the quick mount adapters. This is not difficult but attention to detail is important. Do but one type of props at a time to avoid mixing adapters with the wrong rotation propeller. Use a small amount of medium strength (blue) Loctite on the ends of the screws during reassembly. Assure the adapter plate properly engages the release button. Balancing the props and removing the upper prop adapter also assures all the screws retaining the upper adapters are tight and secure. Mine had several screws that felt ready to back out. When the adapter comes off, so does the prop and you don't want that to happen in flight. While the propellers are off the motors, take a few minutes to remove the screws from the base of the prop mounts on the motors. Apply Loctite to the ends of the screws and re-install them. Some of mine had a very low break away torque, while two screws did not show evidence of a thread lock patch on them.

Use only a hex key with square ends on the prop mount screws. Button head screws and ball drivers make bad company as a rounded ball driver is prone to spinning in the hex socket, which ruins the screw. The 920 arrives with two hex drivers sitting on top of the foam cover inside the travel case. There is also an extra set of prop mounting screws included in the kit.

Before you go fly, with props removed, elevate the booms and set the 920 on a table or bench somewhere outside with a view and make yourself comfortable. Power everything up and relax in your chair while learning all the fun features of the ST-16 and CGO-4. Batteries last a long time when the bird isn't flying and there's zero risk in making a control error when the feet are on the ground and no props to induce motion.
Before flying my newest acquisition I decided to check the balances on the props. Don't know why but the B's were horribly out of balance. I had one that was so bad that I put on a different blade.

Good advice on balancing and letting the bird get acclimated to the satellites is also good advice. I thought all real men weren't suppose to read or ask for directions.

Reactions: madatme
Before flying my newest acquisition I decided to check the balances on the props. Don't know why but the B's were horribly out of balance. I had one that was so bad that I put on a different blade.

Good advice on balancing and letting the bird get acclimated to the satellites is also good advice. I thought all real men weren't suppose to read or ask for directions.
I guess where all chick's

Me too I suppose as I researched as much as I could before buying.

A troubling situation this past weekend to watch out for. The SD card in my CGO-4 repeatedly disengaged from the locked position while in flight and filming. Most of the time and effort filming the event was wasted and ended up providing very little useful video. I do not know what caused the problem. Not looking forward the the conversation I need to have with the customer.

I flew with my cgo4 yesterday and the video range sucks on the 920 compared to the 480

Define “video range” please? I’ve repeatedly gone out over 1800’ with no problems. If you can operate a 480 LOS at that distance your vision must better that of a Peregrin falcon.

In all sincerity I have better long distance vision than most. The video distance cut at about 800 feet. The 920 was very easy to see. Even after bringing it back on top of my location the video would not show. I've had my 480 way past this distance in the same location with no issues. I'm going to try the directional antennae the next time I fly the 920. The lack of video distance made me regret the 920 purchase. Hopefully it's the st24 or the omni antennae. My feeling is that the cgo4 antennae is worse than the cgo3+.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone