Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tilt slider st16s

Reaction score
I'm reaching out to you knowledgeable guys to find out if there is a way to re-calibrate the tilt control slider on the st16s. Here is the issue. After unpacking and inspecting aircraft and controller, after batts were charged, I took here on her maiden flight and noticed the camera would not come to level after powering up. I searched through the forums and noticed there is no gimbal calibration on the H+, that I could find. So I bring up the monitor for the controller and I see the slider will only go halfway and no further. Is there a way to correct this ( other than replacing the slide control)?

There should be a setting's on the controller on the right for calibration for the drone and camera

There should be a setting's on the controller on the right for calibration for the drone and camera
Can you provide a little more info? On the st16s there is no gimbal calibration, and I don't know how to access the controller calibration

Try that and see if it works 20190922_205226.jpeg20190922_205259.jpeg20190922_205310.jpeg

You're showing me pictures of the st16 for the H480 Typhoon, I am talking about the st16s that comes with the Typhoon H+ which is far different than the st16. I have 2 H480s and have those all dialed in. I just need to get the st16s dialed in.

I thought it was the same setup
I tryed sorry I couldn't help

Reactions: ttmarch
the slider will only go halfway and no further. Is there a way to correct this ( other than replacing the slide control)?
That problem would be corrected by a calibration of the ST16s.
See post #18 below.

Last edited:
That problem would be corrected by a calibration of the ST16s but I don't know of a way to do so currently. The next best step would be a factory reset of the controller. You will have to reinstall the Flightmode app from an sd card and then do the updates on the controller after a factory reset. I don't know for certain if this will fix the problem but it's worth a try.
Thanks Steve Carr, I thought there was a way to calibrate but I didn't know for sure, but sounds like the factory reset may be a last resort, I will be trying Yuneec CS tomorrow.

Thanks Steve Carr, I thought there was a way to calibrate but I didn't know for sure, but sounds like the factory reset may be a last resort, I will be trying Yuneec CS tomorrow.
Obviously this is a new aircraft. Where did you buy it?
Yuneec will want you to send it in for service. That is the least desirable approach.

Obviously this is a new aircraft. Where did you buy it?
Yuneec will want you to send it in for service. That is the least desirable approach.
I bought it refurbished off of ebay from Genuine Authentic Deals for a great price, maybe it wasn't such a great deal after all, but camera issues aside, I love the stability of this aircraft and the responsive controls especially in sport mode.

I bought it refurbished off of ebay from Genuine Authentic Deals for a great price, maybe it wasn't such a great deal after all, but camera issues aside, I love the stability of this aircraft and the responsive controls especially in sport mode.
I suggest getting in touch with them for a possible exchange. I have heard they are a reputable dealer. It would be much faster than trying to get it repaired at Yuneec.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I do have a message in to them and awaiting response. But I was curious to see if anyone had this same issue and how they had resolved it. I know that it can take some time going through Yuneec

I do have a message in to them and awaiting response. But I was curious to see if anyone had this same issue and how they had resolved it. I know that it can take some time going through Yuneec
This is the first time I've seen a problem that requires the ST16 calibration. I'm guessing that someone did the cal prior to the firmware update that added the password protection. It's exactly the reason the password was added. Way too many people do the cal incorrectly and cause a problem rather than fix one.

Reactions: SkyVidTek
Being a factory refurb, they should be able to do an exchange on the ST-16S. Hopefully send one to you and return ship the defective one.

Have you checked how the gimbal controls S1 & K2 look and respond to input in the Hardware monitor? That would be the the 2nd thing I would check, after confirming both controls are in the correct position.
Do you have any control over the tilt? Does the red dot on the tilt indicator (far right of ST16S screen) correspond to the position of the camera?

There is a way to calibrate your controller without doing a factory reset. Follow the pictures below and you will get there really easy. Do not touch anything else in less you are a professional and you know what you do. That is a warning.
P.S. When you do the calibration make sure the tilt and the speed knobs are in the middle position before you start the calibration.

Attachments

• 20190923_164029_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164029_HDR.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190923_164045_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164045_HDR.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190923_164115_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164115_HDR.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190923_164144_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164144_HDR.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190923_164350_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164350_HDR.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190923_164359_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164359_HDR.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190923_164408_HDR.jpg
    20190923_164408_HDR.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 26
Thanks to all that responded with help, I thank you. I would also like to report that I believe the issue is resolved. After seeing some of the posts I find that the calibration menu is the same for the st16s as it is for the st16. Just a little different to find, so I find it and redo the calibrations and restored the travel on the tilt slider. Hopefully this evening I can make sure it is working properly.

I'm reaching out to you knowledgeable guys to find out if there is a way to re-calibrate the tilt control slider on the st16s. Here is the issue. After unpacking and inspecting aircraft and controller, after batts were charged, I took here on her maiden flight and noticed the camera would not come to level after powering up. I searched through the forums and noticed there is no gimbal calibration on the H+, that I could find. So I bring up the monitor for the controller and I see the slider will only go halfway and no further. Is there a way to correct this ( other than replacing the slide control)?
Top right corner were your apps are there should a android called flight controller, i had same problem you can calibrate from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital