Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time lapse issue

Reaction score
I'm having issues with time lapse, using POI. The cameras mode is set to time lapse, I set up the POI, press the button, get a message top center, but it doesn't work.

The message it has on the ST16 is a red ball then the words 1 second interval. If I predd the camera button again that message goes away and comes back.

I fly a whole POI mission, ref dot showing, but when I pull the sim card only the first pic is there. No time lapse.

I updated firmware last week, and it's a U3 sim card.

@JD Flyer,
Sorry about the humor. The timing was just too perfect to pass up. See the thread posted IMMEDIATELY before yours.

More to your point:
Does the time lapse work correctly when the drone is on the bench, no motors running?
It may also help to upload a screenshot of your camera setting page.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Doh! Did I really put this thread in the Q500 forum ? It's been a long week. Anyways - I apologize. Brain fart. To answer -

Do time lapse on the bench? That's possible??? Hmm I've got to try that. Tomorrow.

As for screenshots, I'll do that at the same time.

OK News update :
So the Card had the time lapse pics. WTH. They did NOT show up when I looked at the SD card in the controller; they did not show up when I looked at the SD card in the gallery function of the ST16. They only show up in the laptop when I put the card in the slot. Go figure.

So for now, I'm skipping the bench test and screenshots.

Next Issue - Why can't I get the gear to retract ? 1 leg will go up an inch, the other not at all. Can't bench test that. I've read around there's ways to reset the gear, off to searching.

Turn the aircraft on its back and exercise the switch. Try it at least six times. If that doesn’t get it working let us know.

Reactions: JD Flyer
So that was weird.
On it's back, first like 30 seconds, switch does nothing. After a WHILE, I get it to move 1 leg like an inch. Get pissed, switch off and on, same thing.

So, 3rd time, again, like a minute to do anything, and then finally 1 leg moves an inch. Get pissed start rapidly toggling switch up/down/up/down ..... and they start to work. Turn off and on -

currently, they don't retract until like a minute into being turned on. No obvious sign like, satelites, purple light flashes different, change on controller screen. It just takes a while til it's available.

BUT - IT DOES WORK !!! Thanks guys !!!!

Hi JD Flyer,
I would be inclined to check the switch in HARDWARE MONITOR and then clean the ST16 with contact cleaner and that switch in particular.
They also get oxidized. Johnno Hennessy. Keep Flying on the green side of the GRASS.

OK News update :
So the Card had the time lapse pics. WTH. They did NOT show up when I looked at the SD card in the controller; they did not show up when I looked at the SD card in the gallery function of the ST16. They only show up in the laptop when I put the card in the slot. Go figure.
They did NOT show up when I looked at the SD card in the controller;
Please understand that when you are looking at the SD card using ST16 gallery function or file manager, you are NOT looking at the SD card in the camera. You are looking at the one in the ST16 itself (or the internal memory).
The normal way to access the SD Card from the camera is by using your computer, as you described in the next sentence.
Your Time Lapse feature is working normally.

Reactions: 7cyclops
So that was weird.
On it's back, first like 30 seconds, switch does nothing. After a WHILE, I get it to move 1 leg like an inch. Get pissed, switch off and on, same thing.

So, 3rd time, again, like a minute to do anything, and then finally 1 leg moves an inch. Get pissed start rapidly toggling switch up/down/up/down ..... and they start to work. Turn off and on -

currently, they don't retract until like a minute into being turned on. No obvious sign like, satelites, purple light flashes different, change on controller screen. It just takes a while til it's available.

BUT - IT DOES WORK !!! Thanks guys !!!!
Get a 2.0mm hex wrench and remove the screws either side of landing gear on the body of the aircraft. This allows the antenna tube and the landing gear to be removed.
1518B1A2-578B-4107-9910-4678E214CE8B.jpeg
remove screws
AF870100-55FC-4D21-BAB9-A6B89FCE781C.jpeg
remove antenna tube, and remove camera
8739CB1B-3021-4558-9624-A2F6CC401459.jpeg
pull landing gear down out of aircraft
13436921-11AA-4A8F-92BC-FE45231CFA81.jpeg
apply 5VDC to 9VDC to the two outer contacts. One way moves gear up and switching polarity moves it down.

7D5D5943-B15A-4F6F-B6C6-A2C312AD157C.jpeg
I modified a cheap USB cable and use a 5V USB wall block.

I the arms move fully this way. Leave them fully extended and reinstall to the aircraft. Once installed see if they work with the aircraft inverted.

Note that you can test the landing legs out of the aircraft on the bench. Easy to remove, then with a 9v battery you can cycle them. 3 contacts, one is common, the other two make the motor run in each direction. I know there is video somewhere, but can't seem to find it right now. (EDiT: See post by DoomMeister above) There are several YouTube videos on landing gear, including this one on how to disassemble the the gear motors:

Reactions: Mike Irish
Quite often just removing and reseating the gear corrects retraction problems.
So true. I was a field service engineer for many years working on small main frames and peripheral devices, and then PC's when they first came out. Can't tell you how many problems I fixed just by reseating boards.

Reactions: Sureshot
So for the gear - they currently work, the way they're supposed to. It's just when I turn on the drone, they switch is not available until almost a minute after the drone connects to the ST16. That being the case and me having no spare drone, I am loath to open it up. Eventually yes, but maybe after 1700 dollars when I can buy that 920 for sale. Anyways - thanks again gentleman !

I have successfully done my solar surveys, and the seem adequate. I'm posting them to the subcontractor, Scanifly, to do the rendering. Attached is a sample of the photos I took with time lapse while circling the building. We're not actually doing this building, it's just handy for practice.

YUN00511.jpg

Thought that looked familiar!

Turn on the ST16, double tap the Volts readout at the top left and it should bring up a Channel Output pop up.

Now title the landing gear switch. Ch 11 and only channel 11 should change state. 100% in gear down position and -100% in gear up position. The states should change with the switch and not lag or stutter.

Use the ‘Back’ button to exit the pop up.

Last edited:
So true. I was a field service engineer for many years working on small main frames and peripheral devices, and then PC's when they first came out. Can't tell you how many problems I fixed just by reseating boards.
Also true in the automotive world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech