Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To dispel a couple of myths.

Reaction score
Did a couple of tests on the H tonight.
I can only say that this applies to my own so cannot confirm about others experience.

1) The H cannot fly below its starting point: Myth!, tonight I was on a hilltop and flew to approximately minus 150 feet.

2) Starting in smart mode when close to the H will result in it flying off in a random direction: Myth!, I put myself about 8 feet from the H and took off in smart mode, it just went straight up, refused to come any closer and would only fly away from me until it was outside the 26 foot circle.

Just my personal observations

I can only say that this applies to my own so cannot confirm about others experience.

1) The H cannot fly below its starting point: Myth!, tonight I was on a hilltop and flew to approximately minus 150 feet.

2) Starting in smart mode when close to the H will result in it flying off in a random direction: Myth!, I put myself about 8 feet from the H and took off in smart mode, it just went straight up, refused to come any closer and would only fly away from me until it was outside the 26 foot circle.

Thanks for sharing that with us. We've all heard so many different stories already.

Reactions: OnTheRopes

I've also flown below take off and did so again yesterday not sure why other can't fly below take off. I also checked my OA and it didn't work which is fine because I don't foresee ever using it :) Haven't checked the Smart Mode Takeoff/Russian Roulette Takeoff yet :)

Reactions: OnTheRopes
I've also flown below take off and did so again yesterday not sure why other can't fly below take off. I also checked my OA and it didn't work which is fine because I don't foresee ever using it :) Haven't checked the Smart Mode Takeoff/Russian Roulette Takeoff yet :)
Did you have the landing gear up when you tested the OA?

One thing I forgot to mention is that as you approach zero altitude it slows it's decent to extremely slow. Presumably assuming it will land. It continues below zero for as far as you wish but descends at a crawl all the way. Perhaps this is why some have thought it was refusing to descend any further

I live in mountainous area and can confirm it will fly a lot lower that takeoff altitude.
It also show negative altitude on display.

And I am beginning to think they changes the way the safe circle behaves.
Either on the later H's coming off the line or firmware.

Mine does not exhibit this flyaway from the safe circle when in smart mode.

#2 does not always result in a crash but if you keep doing it.. it will eventually fly on its own away from you.
I live in mountainous area and can confirm it will fly a lot lower that takeoff altitude.
It also show negative altitude on display.

#2 does not always result in a crash but if you keep doing it.. it will eventually fly on its own away from you.

I am not sure what you mean by this, why should it 'eventually' fly away from you? Surely it either will or it won't, perhaps you are giving it credit for intelligence ;) ? Mine was pointing towards me so OA would have affected it if this was.

Yes this could be a possibility

The smart mode myth that you debunked was very lucky! Some people have not been so lucky. As a dealer for Yuneec, I would NOT recommend taking off or landing in smart mode. I have had a couple of calls from people saying they took off and their drone went right into an object and crashed. Another story a man told me was he took off in smart mode, it fly backwards by itself, and he followed it, which of course pushed the drone further away, and it crashed into a tree! Just as precaution, I would stay away from taking off or landing in smart mode, you could save yourself a potential nightmare!

Reactions: Hawk27
I am not sure what you mean by this, why should it 'eventually' fly away from you? Surely it either will or it won't, perhaps you are giving it credit for intelligence ;) ? Mine was pointing towards me so OA would have affected it if this was.

I said eventually Bec it does not always cause the aircraft to malfunction when flying inside the safe circle. It is a known issue period. I have experienced it first hand when I first received my Q500k. Do some more tests then come back and report your findings. Hopefully your aircraft is still in one piece

I said eventually Bec it does not always cause the aircraft to malfunction when flying inside the safe circle. It is a known issue period. I have experienced it first hand when I first received my Q500k. Do some more tests then come back and report your findings. Hopefully your aircraft is still in one piece
Well okay then, I did say I could not confirm others experience. As for further testing, in a flat open space and a quick take off, I have no problem with this.

I broke 5 props before I figured out the smart mode take off and landing was a very bad idea.

I did do more tests yesterday, open space, smart mode, H facing me less that 10 feet away. I tried this 6 times over the course of 4 batteries. Not once did it veer off, I took it to a height of about 10 feet and it just hovered, pull the right stick towards me and it would not come closer, push the stick away and it went away.
Obviously some are having issues but it has not been my experience, I will keep doing this now and see what happens. Always with some room around me though.
Of course what should really happen is that Yuneec should actually give out some information as to how it is supposed to behave.

Reactions: yuneec53
I did do more tests yesterday, open space, smart mode, H facing me less that 10 feet away. I tried this 6 times over the course of 4 batteries. Not once did it veer off, I took it to a height of about 10 feet and it just hovered, pull the right stick towards me and it would not come closer, push the stick away and it went away.
Obviously some are having issues but it has not been my experience, I will keep doing this now and see what happens. Always with some room around me though.
Of course what should really happen is that Yuneec should actually give out some information as to how it is supposed to behave.
May be it was set differently by accident at build? I know mine will fly away, as I tried it under a test environment , and away she goes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval