Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Isn't the GH4 & GH5 both MFT lens mounts. GH5 is newer technology, but both are MFT mounts to my understanding. GH4 lenses should fit GH5? If I upgraded my GH4, I was planning to use my lenses with GH5. For my purposes, I see no gain for cost to move up to GH5.

Last edited:
That looks like a lot of work to me... the other thing is that I have a new, untested gimbal.
If it turns out to be faulty and I return a gimbal whose cage has been sawn off, Yuneec will for sure tell me that I voided the guarantee.
Correct, any modifications will void a warranty. I haven't decided to pickup a GB603 yet, but if I did it wouldn't be new & close to retail pricing to qualify for a warranty. I'd pickup a basically new condition "used" for 1/3-1/4 value or less... these are great tools for those willing to work with the H920 series and it's limitations, but they are basically End-of-Life tools with the end of the H920 since they don't fit or work with any other platform.

Cutting or modifying the lens brace wouldn't be a major concern if I used a GB603. I'd be more interested in modifying the camera mount to be more serviceable with as many options as supported by the H920 / ST24 controller. I'd be more inclined to follow the warranty route if it was new with ongoing support and offered multiple available options; then I'd be focused on purchasing the options if they fit into a possible future plan.

Actually my interest in the GB603 faded when I realized it lacked the remote zoom and camera controls that were available on the CGO4 Camera / Gimbal and required a method to provide GPS (cell phone attached) to utilize the GH4's ability to collect GeoTag metadata.

Isn't the GH4 & GH5 both MFT lens mounts. GH5 is newer technology, but both are MFT mounts to my understanding. GH4 lenses should fit GH5? If I upgraded my GH4, I was planning to use my lenses with GH5. For my purposes, I see no gain for cost to move up to GH5.

Yes, GH4 and GH5 have the same lens mount and sensor size. The GH5 has much better video encoding capabilities but it's bigger and I don't think it would fit in this gimball without lots of modifications

Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH4-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH5-size-comparison.jpg
Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH5-vs-Sony-Alpha-7-size-comparison.jpg

So I am awaiting word from the dealer...
Regarding the GH5 yes it's probably a good camera but I am mainly interested in stills and an A7r costs around €1000 used and has a large sensor.

So it looks like there is no possibility to either buy the drone only or to exchange the gimbal...
That leaves me with two possibilities:
- keep the whole H920 package (purchased for €1500 excl. VaT minus €250 discount offered by the dealer because of the wrong description) including a gimbal that I am not inclined to modify myself - and that will be useless to me - AND buy a sony-compatible GB603 for another €900
- buy a H920+ set including the CGO4 for ca. €2000-2200 (cheapest price in Europe). I could use the CGO for video on/off the drone and my understanding is that I could still hang a GB603/A7r controlled by a dedicated ST24 remote. That looks like an attractive option for people working as a team but it's probably a PITA for a single operator...

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
900e seems really expensive for the GB603, you could have this for almost the same price Gremsy T3 Camera Stabilizer - Gremsy it would allow you to use big lenses without modifications but it's only usable in team mode with another controller and may need a bit of work to mount it under the h920

you'r right about the price but yes that would be too much work for me I fear plus I would also need another video link, wouldn't I (unless I can attach the LK58 of the yuneec)?

very mixed feelings, to make things even worse there are traces of use on that gimbal plus a wire that has been soldered in the middle presumably because it was cut so that gimbal doesn't look new...

It would require another downlink but as the 920 is quite capable of lifting up to 30lbs or so and has a few very good mounting positions for another video system the addition would pose few problems.

I have the 920 with a GB603 and a Sony A7R2 on board, am about to order the Air Commander V2 to match up to the camera.

I am sure you all know this tool, but place it here anyway - looks like an easy way to map a remote to a Sony or Panny. Would like to get a GB603 to work using this for camera control. Q to the tech of you, how would the downlink (from the h920+ if possible to adapt) work?

Intelli-G

(air commander is only Sony(?))

Last edited:
I am sure you all know this tool, but place it here anyway - looks like an easy way to map a remote to a Sony or Panny. Would like to get a GB603 to work using this for camera control. Q to the tech of you, how would the downlink (from the h920+ if possible to adapt) work?

Intelli-G
I have the intelli-g V2 for the M600 Matrice and Ronin MX Gimbal and currently have a GH4 mounted. Thinking of adding a Sony A7R in future. The intelli-G was originally made for the GH4/5 and Ronin Gimbal and offers full control of GH4 camera operations. The V2 added Ronin MX gimbal and full M600 RC integration, plus additional features for all platforms: increased range, controls and additional connectivity. It offers less for other cameras compared to GH4/5, their site has a chart that shows what the Intelli-G for each camera features are controlled. The Sony A series is 2nd highest in their listing.

With the M600, it's fully through the Lightbridge2 and can be fully integrated for solo ops with an RC expansion module. On other systems I've seen a few mount up an A3 & Lightbridge tapping into AC power or a few other methods provide controll & viewed by a 2nd radio setup including circuits for video & control links and the Grmsey Gimbals.

My recommendation is to speak directly with their Tech support. I've communicated heavily with a Rep named Dan and found him extremely helpful to discuss alternate options and he's provided links to various product on other sites that work well with Intelli-G or the Gimbal.

That all said, the Intelli-G was focused on the M600 and S1000 platforms, GH4 and has expanded outward.

The Air Cimmander V2 was designed as a stand alone initially and remains a stand alone and was focused on the Sony A series.

I would lean more towards the Air Commander V2 with the H920. I think you'd encounter less challenges to overcome and in the end probably have a higher degree of camera control. That is, if your working with Sony A series.

Thank you for the response. Interesting, and no - I am on Panasonic and Blackmagic at the moment - sharing glass between them. Will sit on the fence for a while - waiting for input from a company who use Gremsy T1 with the H920+. Not sure which camera yet.

Reactions: Doc52
Hi,
I studied the Air Commander V2 which is a very good product on paper to extend the controls of A7. By cons, how you feed the Air Commander V2 on the H920 ? This can have a big impact on the H920 power alimentation. Or it's possible to use a LiPo battery in addition, to fix somewhere, close to the GB603 gimbal. Since the beginning of this thread that dates, I have not advanced on the idea of adapting a Gremsy gimbal to the H290 copter ...

By the way, thanks for the measurements of the GH4, GH5 and A7, presented above, by mouks ;-)

Reactions: Doc52
Thank you for the response. Interesting, and no - I am on Panasonic and Blackmagic at the moment - sharing glass between them. Will sit on the fence for a while - waiting for input from a company who use Gremsy T1 with the H920+. Not sure which camera yet.

Can you do a report on the Gremsy for us ?

Hi,
I studied the Air Commander V2 which is a very good product on paper to extend the controls of A7. By cons, how you feed the Air Commander V2 on the H920 ? This can have a big impact on the H920 power alimentation. Or it's possible to use a LiPo battery in addition, to fix somewhere, close to the GB603 gimbal. Since the beginning of this thread that dates, I have not advanced on the idea of adapting a Gremsy gimbal to the H290 copter ...

By the way, thanks for the measurements of the GH4, GH5 and A7, presented above, by mouks ;-)

I will show my setup when the gear arrives, would love to see a Gremsy in use as well, mayne they can send me one to play with ? :O)

As the 920 can handle the weight my power supply preference would go towards fixing another battery on the frame somewhere to power the accessories.

As the 920 can handle the weight my power supply preference would go towards fixing another battery on the frame somewhere to power the accessories.

Thas is what I will be doing .. the Air Commander comes with a dummy battery adapter so we can run a different battery for the Camera, external from the camera and A/C- it taps in for the Air Comm as well.
That leaves the main batts for the A/C and the Gimbal etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval