Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Totaled my Typhoon H - controller is still fine - can I replace drone?

Reaction score
Hi All,

For some unexplained reason, my Typhoon H dropped out of the sky, powered off, about 15 seconds into a flight. Battery might have come loose? I wasn't doing anything fast or jerky either. Weird.

Anyway, was wondering how to just get a drone (I can use my current one as spare parts, I suppose), and use my existing controller? What process do I need to go through in order to sync a new drone to the current ST-16 I have?

Thanks!

Really? Dang, that stinks. No point then...

Anyone else know a trick? Is there a chip in the old camera or something I can pull and swap?

Thanks much for the reply ricmitch!

Okay, I'm thinking I would buy a replacement drone with its own, new camera. So then can I sync that to my old ST-16? My original camera got mangled...

Thanks Gurusonwheels!

When an H falls from the sky it's generally because the battery wasn't locked into place. It's easy to miss when inserting the battery.
Can you post a picture of the H?

Bear in mind, dealers selling bind and fly (BnF) H's do no provide a camera, batteries, propellers, or chargers with a BnF H. You will be able to purchase a bare bones H for between $400 and $500.00. After that you'll need to buy a new camera from somewhere between $350.00 to $520.00. Depending on what you had (or need) it might make sense to purchase an H standard from a dealer with low pricing. If you had Real Sense and it wasn't damaged in the crash it could be installed on a new H.

Looking at Amazon there's an H with camera, but no other accessories, for $875.00 or a complete package H for $999.00. For $999.00 you end up with a second ST-16 that would allow for a second operator on the camera, or a spare ST-16 that you could sell to recover some of your expenses.

Reactions: zandoli
Hi All,

For some unexplained reason, my Typhoon H dropped out of the sky, powered off, about 15 seconds into a flight. Battery might have come loose? I wasn't doing anything fast or jerky either. Weird.

Anyway, was wondering how to just get a drone (I can use my current one as spare parts, I suppose), and use my existing controller? What process do I need to go through in order to sync a new drone to the current ST-16 I have?

Thanks!
Dude I would be calling yuneec. They will want you to go into your ST16 and zip the flight logs. They will review all the telemetry and if it's due to a malfunction they will repair or replace it . Happened me on my 3rd flight . Tumbled from 200 feet to its death

Dude I would be calling yuneec. They will want you to go into your ST16 and zip the flight logs. They will review all the telemetry and if it's due to a malfunction they will repair or replace it . Happened me on my 3rd flight . Tumbled from 200 feet to its death
I second that, Yuineec support has been great. Although slow, its still great service when you get to them.

Hang on folks. Call and order from Yuneec direct. They have (or at least did this past spring) multiple Bind and Fly packages. As just posted in another thread: Hull, Hull + Battery, Hull + Camera, Hull + Camera + Battery. All for less than buying individually.

Pick up the phone!

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval