Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Transferring RS module from Typhoon H to Typhoon H Plus.

I think that the RS module should be swappable

I have one of each, an H480 and an H Plus both with a RS, I can not see any difference whatsoever. In fact, I will be installing an orange H520 body on my Plus today (old eyes dictate the swap), and I will examine it closely while it's off.

However, I heard somewhere that Yuneec put a "Newer Version" of the RS on the Plus. I don't know what that actually means, might just be the latest firmware. I can only assume that the "older" ones are still comparable, and possibly upgratable to whatever the "Newer Version" is.

Reactions: mbernholdt
I did the orange body swap yesterday (awesome), and as promised I inspected the RS module. It is identical in every way except the serial number.
It appears that any H480 RS module will physically mount and plug right in to the Plus. I still can't answer the compatibility question I raised, or if one even exists.

I just echoed this on the parts available topic...The only thing I can rely on real sense for is slower power down cycle. If there is a difference, it’s at the internal processor inside the respective versions relative to flight control and behavior. There is no wizard with a Plus and the 480 real sense was all about using that and follow me. I don’t see the Plus charging through objects in action sequences with an ST stuck on the subject so I’m still not sure what the goal is with real sense on the Plus.

@Grumpy
If there is a difference, it’s at the internal processor inside the respective versions relative to flight control and behavior. There is no wizard with a Plus and the 480 real sense was all about using that and follow me. I don’t see the Plus charging through objects in action sequences with an ST stuck on the subject so I’m still not sure what the goal is with real sense on the Plus.

If nothing else The RS adds real-world functionality to the standard Obstacle Avoidance which is lacking in any peripheral detection.
Another valuable feature of RS is IPS, which works extremely well. I agree a Wizard Wand would be nice to have for the action junkies, but that was never the attraction of RS to me. Still haven't even tried the WW on my H480, I'm having a hard time trusting it will work as advertised. I prefer sticks!

And I agree, the internal processor and or firmware might be different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition