Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Transition From Hover to Flight "Jerky"

As a follow up to my orginal post.

Despite my ST16/Typhoon being new I nocitcedthe propostional control throws (yaw/pitch/roll) we're not giving equal throw, callibration didn't resolve this, but a full reset and callibration of the ST16 resolved this.

I followed Pat's recommendation by adding expoential throw.

The transition from hover to flight is improved, not smooth, but better than before as it's now possible to fly the Typhoon slowly, just ahead of the point at which it will enter fixed hover.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Just saw this, and the simply answer is I don't think so. I think the software wants to see a small percentage of positive movement before it confirms the command.

Pat
Yuneec stated there is a movement with the first two clinks of the trim controls. They said if you wait a moment it will move, just very slow for slow controlled movements. I have not been out to test and confirm this.

Ti Pilot,

Used your video and made the changes to a great help. Thank you for your knowledge and input to the group.

A very useful mod would be to program the AUX key to TURN ON GPS. Then when flying in non-GPS mode for skills, and when you needed to turn-on GPS in an emergency, you could push the AUX button virsus going into menus would take too long. Have you or anyone else here figured out how to do this?

Thanks again.
John

Ti Pilot,

Used your video and made the changes to a great help. Thank you for your knowledge and input to the group.

A very useful mod would be to program the AUX key to TURN ON GPS. Then when flying in non-GPS mode for skills, and when you needed to turn-on GPS in an emergency, you could push the AUX button virsus going into menus would take too long. Have you or anyone else here figured out how to do this?

Thanks again.
John

Agree, I was pondering this last week, but could not find any examples of this being done.

I agree that would be nice but I don't think assigning GPS function to a Aux switch is possible for the end user, unfortunately. I think it (GPS on/off) would need to be a function already in the Hardware input and its not there, I'm not sure but just guessing that it would have to be done in a software update.

Pat

I agree that would be nice but I don't think assigning GPS function to a Aux switch is possible for the end user, unfortunately. I think it (GPS on/off) would need to be a function already in the Hardware input and its not there, I'm not sure but just guessing that it would have to be done in a software update.

Pat

You would think a year after release and all of the requests from pilots, that Yuneec would have assigned something to the AUX switch by now. Or at least provide an option to the end users.

Ti Pilot,

Thanks again.
John

Video? Please share the link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss