Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Turn realsense ON if you have it...New Firmware

Reaction score
I'm making this a separate thread; to call attention to the fact that if you have RealSense, you need to make sure in the "other settings" that you have "real sense module installed checked." I remembered to do this in the past, but for this Firmware update followed the video, explicitly, and now realize they never mentioned this, as they did for the previous upgrade. I did the upgrade, flew it, thinking I had real sense active; and then tonight was examining the camera settings, when I happened to open up the "other settings tab," only to realize that "real sense installed" was not checked! This happened when the update re-set everything, to a generic level. which means you have to go into settings and select real sense, to make sure the feature, is enabled again!

I'm making this a separate thread; to call attention to the fact that if you have RealSense, you need to make sure in the "other settings" that you have "real sense module installed checked." I remembered to do this in the past, but for this Firmware update followed the video, explicitly, and now realize they never mentioned this, as they did for the previous upgrade. I did the upgrade, flew it, thinking I had real sense active; and then tonight was examining the camera settings, when I happened to open up the "other settings tab," only to realize that "real sense installed" was not checked! This happened when the update re-set everything, to a generic level. which means you have to go into settings and select real sense, to make sure the feature, is enabled again!

Chip...If you have the RealSense Pro and do not have the box checked, and manage to get past the ST-16 notification at startup, once in the air when you switch on the RS OA, your ST16 will clearly show a YELLOW OBS symbol instead of GREEN.

Please don't fly without becoming familiar with all the ST-16 readouts and switches. The Typhoon H is a complicated piece of work.

I thought from everything I read that the obstacle avoidance switch only controlled the front sonar and that realsense was on IF checked in angle and smart modes by default under 12mph? I've read in the forum about people turning RS on and off but cannot find any link in the literature that ties the 2 together or turning if on or off realsense that is appreciste your clarification

Hey rayray just read your posts and testing on this point from July 23rd so no need to redo here
I have studied the manual, have a chhecklist and believe I understand all the settings on the screen but to this point never saw any documentation about all we are talking about except for the mph and GPS lock considerations about Realsense
Makes sense no pun intended to have it tied to the OA switch, why wouldn't you? Thank you for your follow-up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop