Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon G binding problems

Reaction score
Hello all.
I tried searching but could not find an appropriate thread.

I upgraded the firmware on my G to (Q500_V1.07_09_28_8_2015.bin)
and my ST10+ to:
st10+v01b31c.zip

1st of all I am a little surprised that the last firmware update was 2015.

My problem is trying to re-bind the G. It does not show up under the available models.
the available models are Typhoon+, Typhoon 4K, and Chroma.

Binding to the typhoon + and 4K does not work.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nightcap

The Q500 models are all the same except for the title and the Icon. Your Typhoon G should have bound with either the Q500+ or the Typhoon 4K.
If you continue to have problems, you will need to run the full diagnostic binding procedure, and report you results here. If the binding procedure is not successful, it is important to report at exactly which step the results did not match with anticipated results.
See Attachment 23 (Q500 Binding) in this document:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yep I watched that. Unfortunately it does not cover the issue if your drone model does not show up on the list of available drones models...
You should select Typhoon 4K. That model covers all of the Q500 models. The camera selection is the only thing that changes. You select that in the camera selection menu.

The instructions for binding the MK58 are on Page 28 of the attached Typhoon G Manual. Wondered if this might be of help:

Attachments

• Typhoon G User Manual V3.1.pdf
    13.7 MB · Views: 13
New to this site and really appreciate the help. I will try all of these suggestions this evening. What I am afraid of though is that when I turn on the G within about 5-10 seconds it goes into 'initialization fail' with the 3 red lights/second and a series of beeps. When I select bind on the ST10+ I get the following (pic attached). Now as a bit of background, I was able to get into bind mode earlier in the evening but after that I connected to the G itself and started poking around using the GUI. I tried to do a test on the motors and that failed. I think it was after that everything started going south on me...I did disconnect and reconnect the MK58 and rebooted everything prior to my last attempt to bind. ST10+ was charged and the G battery was at 11.7 volts

Attachments

• Binding pic.jpg
    Binding pic.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Can you put it back on the GUI, and take screenshots of each GUI screen.
It appears you have more than one problem. It may be easier to first determine the issue on the drone itself.

Well it would seem problem is solved. I went back into the GUI and ran the test for the motors. It was succesfull. the Typhoon G booted up fine and it binding worked with the 4K model. Thanks for then help!

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval