Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Anyone have a spare of this part from the landing gear motor assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not sure of exactly what it is called, but I had a bit of a rough landing and broke the teeth on the part of the assembly that attaches to the strut. Everything else is working fine with the assembly motor itself, so it seems a bit silly to replace the entire thing for $30. Wondering if anyone happens to have had to replace their assembly and may have a spare of this part that I could purchase from them?

The part number is YUNTYH131
Sadly, it isn't sold in the US. It is available in EU. You might try to order it thru Yuneec and see what happens.

The part number is YUNTYH131
Sadly, it isn't sold in the US. It is available in EU. You might try to order it thru Yuneec and see what happens.

Ah, thanks! Found it on the UK site: Landing Gear Actuator - Arm Only

Unfortunately it wouldn't let me purchase it as there are no options to ship to Tempe, AZ :( I'll keep poking around the internet though and hope someone replies here :D

There is a trick to it. You have to move the drive out away from the stop, either by starting the motor and pulling the battery, or by using a small screwdriver to turn the first gear off the motor by hand about 200 "notches". Then it is no problem at all.

There is a trick to it. You have to move the drive out away from the stop, either by starting the motor and pulling the battery, or by using a small screwdriver to turn the first gear off the motor by hand about 200 "notches". Then it is no problem at all.
Can post a video or a few photos of this trick.

Can post a video or a few photos of this trick.

By far, the easiest method to relieve pressure on the lever pivot pin is to position the assembly somewhere in mid stroke prior to removing from the drone. The way I do that is start the gear raising, and pull the battery as soon as it starts to move. This is faster, easier, and maintains original alignment of the parts during disassembly and reassembly. Call this the "Battery Method".

However, it is not always desirable, or even possible, to use the battery method. In such case, you will need to manually turn the gears after disassembly to relieve the alignment pressure. Call this the "First Gear" method. That method is described in the document below, which also provides some general pictures to assist, even if you used the battery method to relieve the pressure.

Apologies for the rushed look to this. I didn't have enough time this morning to do much more than get pictures and add words. I will try to clean it up sometime later, and update the post with a cleaner version.

Attachments

• Landing Gear Actuator.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
There was a landing gear tester, comprised of a battery and some probes, that may help in some circumstances?

There was a landing gear tester, comprised of a battery and some probes, that may help in some circumstances?

It would always help, if the motor is working. However, few of us have such a tester. If you try to make one up by yourself, and get the polarity reversed, it may break the housing.
As always, there are far more ways than one to approach any given task. You chose the one most appropriate for your resources.

It would always help, if the motor is working. However, few of us have such a tester. If you try to make one up by yourself, and get the polarity reversed, it may break the housing.
As always, there are far more ways than one to approach any given task. You chose the one most appropriate for your resources.

Thank you for all the effort to describe the process. I'll take some time to review it. I have ordered the entire motor, which I am assuming may have this portion of assembly completed. If a bad assumption, this will help!

I have ordered the entire motor, which I am assuming may have this portion of assembly completed.

Yes, the new actuator will already have the arm installed. Much easier than replacing the broken arm on the old one. I still intend to pretty up the document. Actually simplified the process a little, but made it somewhat longer. I will update the post above, and maybe stick a copy in the "How To" thread. Maybe someday someone will need it.

Reactions: Steve Carr

S
Yes, the new actuator will already have the arm installed. Much easier than replacing the broken arm on the old one. I still intend to pretty up the document. Actually simplified the process a little, but made it somewhat longer. I will update the post above, and maybe stick a copy in the "How To" thread. Maybe someday someone will need it.
So in US it comes complete with carbon fibre leg? We don't get that it's all separate unless someone is selling for spares. £45 for actuator.£42 for the leg, and £10 for landing sponges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval