Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H batteries will not balance

Reaction score
I purchased a used Typhoon H with 2 batteries. One is the Power 4 and the other is Powerextra TYP-H001. Both batteries give me the blue error LED when hooked up to the OEM charger. When I hook them up to my LiPo charger, the cells values don't register for balancing, so cannot charge. I tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol, but still nothing. Any ideas to fix this without taking apart? Thanks

Can you measure the voltages of the individual cells and/or the internal resistance of each?
7B818682-59E0-413E-95EF-402052DD5136.jpeg

Reactions: jgann055
I don't know how to do that. I always just used the LiPo charger to give me cell voltages. What would you use to check?

You can use a multimeter set to DC volts. If your LiPo charger reads the individual cells that would work also. What we need to see is the individual cell voltages for each battery. It will give a better idea of what is going on with them. You are very likely due for new batteries.

Do you have an adapter cable for charging them on an after market charger?
09C195D4-1700-4FB5-9157-663271C6EF9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I have that connector. When I plug into my charger, no values appear for any of the cells. Absolutely nothing shows up. I plug in a good battery, and each cell voltage appears. So I know the connector works. Shame about the batteries because they both are not puffy.

Do you have access to a multimeter?

They are a useful tool. Do you have a friend or family member that might have one? It only takes a few minutes to measure the cells.

I will have to ask around. Would be nice to know a bit more about what is going on with these batteries.

Compare. I measured. The batteries were good

Attachments

• Napětí na Baterii Yuneec+ZOP Power.PNG
    Napětí na Baterii Yuneec+ZOP Power.PNG
    298 KB · Views: 30
The attachment tells how to measure the cells individually. I verified the procedure before developing the graphic.

Attachments

• Power4 battery terminals.pdf
    435.4 KB · Views: 29
Results! Power 4 battery 1) 2.1 2)1.1 3) 2.2 4) 2.4 Total - 6.3 V
Powerextra batttery 1)1.3 2)1.3 3)1.1 4) No value Total - 3.6 V

I am assuming the dead cell in the Powerextra battery is the reason for that error. Is this of value to anyone, or just recycle it? Any idea with the Power4?

The PowerXtra is likely beyond hope. It needs to be totally discharged in saltwater then recycled or put in the trash.

The Power4 may be revivable if you use the aftermarket charger and try a quick charge without balancing to get all 4 cells to at least 3.2V. Only do this outside of your house (concrete driveway or on some concrete pavers). When the charger shows you are around 12.8V, turn it off and manually check the cell voltages. If you get to the point where all cells are at or above 3.2V you can then try a balance charge. DO NOT fly with this battery! If it restores enough to use, only use it for ground testing.

It is time to buy a couple batteries.

Thank you for your quick response! I will take your advice and do what I can. Thanks again for helping me through this. Very much appreciated

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval