Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Battery Life

Reaction score
Hey crew,

Been flying a Typhoon H since summer of 2016. Has anyone else had the issue of steadily decreasing battery life and flight time? When I purchased the unit new, I got the usual 20-25 minutes. I few it this morning and barely got 60 seconds on both batteries. Both have been charged and recharged steadily over the last four years. Just a lifespan issue, or is there something I could be missing? Firmware has been updated and calibrations performed.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Lifespan issue, that's the LiPo chemistry, nothing lasts forever, can you run as fast as you could ten years ago?

I was quite overweight 10 years ago and have slimmed down considerably during the pandemic...but I see your point. Thanks for the reply. Cheers

Reactions: Mrgs1
It's not a pefect comparison, but the clock is ticking once there made, no two batteries are the same, we can Just go the best battery care regime we can with them, some are more lucky than others, depends how many cycles too, that's a limiting factor too, and over discharging and storing fully charged for long periods of time, all help in the ageing process.

What would you recommend for basic battery care? I live in Canada, so I’m dealing with temperatures below zero Celsius six months a year.

What would you recommend for basic battery care? I live in Canada, so I’m dealing with temperatures below zero Celsius six months a year.
Perhaps consider keeping them warm before flying in pouches, there use to warmers available not sure how.

I would say do not
Fly in below Zero temps

Hey crew,

Been flying a Typhoon H since summer of 2016. Has anyone else had the issue of steadily decreasing battery life and flight time? When I purchased the unit new, I got the usual 20-25 minutes. I few it this morning and barely got 60 seconds on both batteries. Both have been charged and recharged steadily over the last four years. Just a lifespan issue, or is there something I could be missing? Firmware has been updated and calibrations performed.

I don't recall ever getting
20 or 25 min.
But I would say, Time to get a couple new Batts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval