Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h circles right at landing and crashes....

Reaction score
Hello anyone have this symptoms? After a nice flight I return to land and the drone does this little circling right at ground level before landing. I've calibrated GPS before but not at every flight, and this happened more than twice and crashed on the ground plus broken propeller's. And twice I've caught it above head level, then turned off by pressing red button because of this circling effect. Any input? Thanks!

Note: had 20 satellites before, during and after flight.

Jarvis, I had the same thing happen to my H. On the 4th flight it went right just after take-off (16 sats) and became uncontrollable and crashed, breaking 3 props, one of the gimbal mounts, and the camera. I took it in to yuneec and they noted the gps board was bad so they replaced it, the camera and gimbal under warranty and also gave me a set of A and B props.

Reactions: jarvis
Jarvis, I had the same thing happen to my H. On the 4th flight it went right just after take-off (16 sats) and became uncontrollable and crashed, breaking 3 props, one of the gimbal mounts, and the camera. I took it in to yuneec and they noted the gps board was bad so they replaced it, the camera and gimbal under warranty and also gave me a set of A and B props.

Wow so I guess I should do the same, but why does it fly right on other attempts? Will I should just return it while warranty is good.

Call them and ask. Mine flew after the crash also but my gimbal was damaged so I took it in. I guess that's when they discovered the bad board which can exhibit fluctuating performance sometimes. I read a few post here regarding this situation so maybe there is bad lot of gps boards out in the wild.

It is amazing how often it is 3/4 batteries from new that these problems manifest in TH. Now I'm not saying that TH is perfect but sure seems weird to me. Those of us that don't have GPS problems are blessed. I have none with my Q500+ and now my TH.

My guess would be that a lot of the first group went out okay, but after that they were probably rushing production trying to meet demand. Then when the real sense wasn't ready that really compounded the situation so they probably got pretty sloppy in their retrofit. But I'm still happy with it because yuneecs customer service is excellent for me so far. And living is Orange County they are only about 35-40 minutes away.

It is a mystery. When I received my replacement drone it had gone through a 27 point inspection at Yuneec. The first flight it didn't sit as still as I would have liked during a hover (drifted about 6 feet), so I took out my phone, found true magnetic north and did a compass calibration. Tried it again and it was better, but not perfect (still some drifting). The next day I took it 5 mins away to my local beach where there is even less interference. It hovered rock steady! The day after I took it too a park (10 mins away) and again it seemed to not sit as still in the again as I would have liked. Of course, like most GPS/Compass drones, the longer you keep it in the air, the less it will drift as the IMU resolves any errors. I had the impression that it was losing GPS and just drifting with the wind, but the controller and indicator lights showed no sign of GPS loss. I think it's just the nature of this model of drone. For this reason, I won't fly it in spaces with limited clearance.

HI, was having a lot of weird things happening when I first got my H. toilet bowl effect ect. was advised to do a accelometer calibration, and this has solved all my problems. they do not seem to put enough emphases on gps and accelometer calibration. Very important to sdo both.

I did my calibration the same way had about 15 flights from various places with no issues. I was at a local park and had 3 great flights but on that 4th one it started drifting heavily to the right with no fingers on the sticks. When I tried to recover it wasn't responding so I had to kill the power before it went into a group of people with kids. The tech noted that the gps board on the H was not operating to spec so they changed it out and replaced all of the damaged parts under warranty. I got one of those 27 point inspections also, took it out Friday and Saturday went through all 3 batteries on both days and it's handling well.

Hello anyone have this symptoms? After a nice flight I return to land and the drone does this little circling right at ground level before landing. I've calibrated GPS before but not at every flight, and this happened more than twice and crashed on the ground plus broken propeller's. And twice I've caught it above head level, then turned off by pressing red button because of this circling effect. Any input? Thanks!

Note: had 20 satellites before, during and after flight.
By GPS, do you mean Compass Calibration? Do CC facing North and do a Accelerometer Calibration too! and hope that corrects!

Dumb question? Are you in Smart Mode by chance? or landing near your car or any magnetic source? than can do it too!

I do think there is something wrong with the GPS board on these first batches of birds. Mine had the "Pendulum affect" aka Toilet bowl affect with drifting to the right and rear and not flying straight and losing altitude. This wouldn't happen until the bird had been flying a few minutes. As if something was happening to the board over time... Definitely get it replaced or serviced, its not normal...

My new one flys and acts as it should...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval