Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H commited suicide after 2 years of great friendship

Reaction score
Very sad day in my life. I lost my friend, after 2 years. In this crazy times i went very far away from town to fly my Typhoon H. Weather was perfect. Perfect day.

Middle of nowhere this happened:

Typhoon H is now officialy dead.

Brokent parts:
Left landing gear
3x arms with mounts
top and bottom cover, maybe GPS board i don't even care at this point ;(
main frame ;(
probably gimbal ;(

Flight 66:
Battery charged 100%, regular start and little circle at low att and low speed, landing, check and start again. (see picture)
Then i took straight path, turned after 450m and went back. Everything was good to this moment. Recorded this 5 minutes of flight on camera and stopped recording to prepare next shot. It was about 5 minutes of flight.

Before i've done anything i've recived warning Motor Failure and i could clearly see weird aircraft behavior, obviously one of motors shut down.
Immediately tried to lower altitude and bring the aircraft close to me, after few seconds (maybe 20-30m) i've recived a GPS lost Warning!! Low Batterry level 2 warning !! Land immediately !!
At this moment H started to ascend very fast and changed direction as you see on screenshot, i had no controll AT ALL, tried to pull it down but nothing works.
Few second later Typhoon hits big trees and it's dead. There was no time to do anything, i've never seen this crazy ****.

All 6 motors working ;(
I can buy arms and covers but i can't buy Main Frame (one of arms ripped off a piece of main frame).
Second issue is gimbal, video was working but gimbal is lookin' bad i don't even want to check :(
1 month of warranty left but i can't find the invoice ;(

I've learned how to fly with this aircraft and got my official license passed on this drone, many flights without GPS, never used Smart modes and **** like this, and this happend to me ;(

I almost cried, it was 2 days ago, today i've pulled flight data to check why my Typhoon commited suicide and i think it was some kind of solar blast or virus... joke ;)

Really i have no money but i will buy this drone again as soon as i got some cash - but i want to know what happend. WHY?
I've done crazy things with this aircraft, it supposed to be one of my safest flights ever! No power lines, no wi-fi, nothing. WHY?

I want someone with experience to check my Flight 66 data and tell me what happened.
Data shows me some crazy thing like Max Speed 130km/h or Compass calibration warning with Battery Low level 2 warning at the same time (after 5-6 minutes of flight).

Flight log 66 in attachment, please help me solve the mystery of this suicidal fly away.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
Any chance of some photos of the broken parts? It might not be as bad as first thought, some pilots might be able to point you in the right direction concerning cheaper sources for parts, and help with repairs etc, like the landing leg can be replaced with carbon fibre tubing cheaper than OEM.
Sorry for your loss.

Yes i'll upload some pictures soon but main frame (base) is ripped in one place by the metal hinge of the arm. I can't find this piece in europe (used or new) out of stock for good.
Used arms available, covers available.

Just checked gimbal, looks bad but works fine as before, calibration went ok, it's working.
6 motors working.

I've found Typhoon H in perfect condition for 390 euro with ST16, props, charger and CGO3+, if i can manage cash i'll buy this and save my wreck for spare parts, having 2x ST16 is good thing but where i'll find 390 euros when i've lost my job 2 weeks ago because virus? Life is life, when it hits you, it hits hard.

Stay safe pilots.

Wait for one of the guys to look at your flight data,then stay in touch,as they will have lots of Questions. If you stay in touch they will figure this out andhelp you. My guess,hook up to gui with your computer and check motors stick operation etc.. and tell them what you know about the shape of your battery in detail,calibrations done and gps acquired etc. Hopefully they can see it on your flight log. Keep your chin up. Keith C.?

It is a very sad day when that bloody Corona virus is starting to get to our H. That bit aside I feel for you, after having them for years you get a feel for each H you own, there like a family not one is the same as the other. I hope you can repair it or use it to give life to another H.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: howfastyes
There is a drone body on ebay for about £300 maybe use that as a basis for yourself?
If you watch it they may offer a discount. I watched it and they offered it for £250. If it's the one selling without controller etc?

If you watch it they may offer a discount. I watched it and they offered it for £250. If it's the one selling without controller etc?

That's the one, cant remember If I watched it or not but do not recall being offered a discount. Perhaps the OP should try and see.

Very sad day in my life. I lost my friend, after 2 years. In this crazy times i went very far away from town to fly my Typhoon H. Weather was perfect. Perfect day.

View attachment 20945

Brokent parts:
Left landing gear
3x arms with mounts
main frame ;(
probably gimbal ;(

Flight 66:
Battery charged 100%, regular start and little circle at low att and low speed, landing, check and start again. (see picture)
Then i took straight path, turned after 450m and went back. Everything was good to this moment. Recorded this 5 minutes of flight on camera and stopped recording to prepare next shot. It was about 5 minutes of flight.

Before i've done anything i've recived warning Motor Failure and i could clearly see weird aircraft behavior, obviously one of motors shut down.
Immediately tried to lower altitude and bring the aircraft close to me, after few seconds (maybe 20-30m) i've recived a GPS lost Warning!! Low Batterry level 2 warning !! Land immediately !!
At this moment H started to ascend very fast and changed direction as you see on screenshot, i had no controll AT ALL, tried to pull it down but nothing works.
Few second later Typhoon hits big trees and it's dead. There was no time to do anything, i've never seen this crazy ****.

All 6 motors working ;(
I can buy arms and covers but i can't buy Main Frame (one of arms ripped off a piece of main frame).
Second issue is gimbal, video was working but gimbal is lookin' bad i don't even want to check :(

I've learned how to fly with this aircraft and got my official license passed on this drone, many flights without GPS, never used Smart modes and **** like this, and this happend to me ;(

I almost cried, it was 2 days ago, today i've pulled flight data to check why my Typhoon commited suicide and i think it was some kind of solar blast or virus... joke ;)

Really i have no money but i will buy this drone again as soon as i got some cash - but i want to know what happend. WHY?
I've done crazy things with this aircraft, it supposed to be one of my safest flights ever! No power lines, no wi-fi, nothing. WHY?

I want someone with experience to check my Flight 66 data and tell me what happened.
Data shows me some crazy thing like Max Speed 130km/h or Compass calibration warning with Battery Low level 2 warning at the same time (after 5-6 minutes of flight).

Flight log 66 in attachment, please help me solve the mystery of this suicidal fly away.

If the internal electronics are all in tact and functioning, why not build a custom frame and install her leftovers into the new build frame?

OK. You may need to start a second thread to discuss the FlightLogs. This thread has become a discussion of what to do with the remains. It will be difficult to separate the two subjects here.

In the meantime, I will say something created a rapid voltage drain, and that is my current focus. The battery depleted in less than 30 seconds from initiating event until crash. Related to the battery drain:
Does the battery appear to be in good condition? Any evidence of battery failure?
The battery drain could possibly result from loss of a single prop blade. Were the props OEM Yuneec Blades?
Given the location and time of year, any evidence or possibility of a bird strike?
These are very preliminary observations, and may not even be on the right track. Your answers will help focus the review.

View attachment 20945

Brokent parts:
Left landing gear
3x arms with mounts
main frame ;(
probably gimbal ;(

Flight 66:

All 6 motors working ;(

here you howfastyes go sir!

View attachment 20945

Brokent parts:
Left landing gear
3x arms with mounts
main frame ;(
probably gimbal ;(

Flight 66:

All 6 motors working ;(

I'm looking at the files now will take a bit and let you know what I find.

If we need to start a new thread to discuss flight logs as per @WTFDproject I will wait till that is up.

I am editing Ty’s post to announce the location of the FlightLog analysis thread I started for this. It is here FlightLog discussion of “howfastyes”’s TH crash. All FlightLog posts are being moved there. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 20945

Brokent parts:
Left landing gear
3x arms with mounts
main frame ;(
probably gimbal ;(

Flight 66:

All 6 motors working ;(

Was there any parts replaced during this 2 years? reason i ask is I have seen the yuneec recommended maintenance and do not agree with all of it, however they did mention motor replacements, battery replacements due to high use. I'm sure these little electric motors dont last forever. brushed or brushless.. Did you do any of this?

Manufacturer Part
Recommended Replacement Interval
This is recommended -- NOT LAW -- each operator will have a different experience do to many variables with flight conditions.
20 Flights
Propellers
100 Flights
Landing pads/feet
200 Flights
Replace batteries every 200-250 cycles.
400 Flights
Replace motors
Replace landing gear actuators
Replace motor arm lock/catch
Replace RealSense internal cooling fan
Replace ST16S Ground Station cooling fan
Replace ST16S Ground Station battery
TBO (Time Between Overhaul)
500 hours of operation, at an Authorized Yuneec repair station. Users may choose to set a more conservative TBO.

Was there any parts replaced during this 2 years? reason i ask is I have seen the yuneec recommended maintenance and do not agree with all of it, however they did mention motor replacements, battery replacements due to high use. I'm sure these little electric motors dont last forever. brushed or brushless.. Did you do any of this?

Manufacturer Part
Recommended Replacement Interval
This is recommended -- NOT LAW -- each operator will have a different experience do to many variables with flight conditions.
20 Flights
Propellers
100 Flights
Landing pads/feet
200 Flights
Replace batteries every 200-250 cycles.
400 Flights
Replace motors
Replace landing gear actuators
Replace motor arm lock/catch
Replace RealSense internal cooling fan
Replace ST16S Ground Station cooling fan
Replace ST16S Ground Station battery
TBO (Time Between Overhaul)
500 hours of operation, at an Authorized Yuneec repair station. Users may choose to set a more conservative TBO.
Cheaper just to buy another copter.

View attachment 20945

Brokent parts:
Left landing gear
3x arms with mounts
main frame ;(
probably gimbal ;(

Flight 66:

All 6 motors working ;(

WOW
Do I ever feel your pain.
I have the TY -H 480
And love it .
I have been through
painfully experiences
with it. Lots of great
People here that will
Help you.
Keith Kuhn

OK. You may need to start a second thread to discuss the FlightLogs. This thread has become a discussion of what to do with the remains. It will be difficult to separate the two subjects here.

In the meantime, I will say something created a rapid voltage drain, and that is my current focus. The battery depleted in less than 30 seconds from initiating event until crash. Related to the battery drain:
Does the battery appear to be in good condition? Any evidence of battery failure?
The battery drain could possibly result from loss of a single prop blade. Were the props OEM Yuneec Blades?
Given the location and time of year, any evidence or possibility of a bird strike?
These are very preliminary observations, and may not even be on the right track. Your answers will help focus the review.

I had a motor go out
Once + End was broken
Off, LOS
A bird strike is and was
Very possible.
Even though I did not
See it.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members