Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Drone Photography and Video Class this summer

Micky, you should plan a vacation to Europe. I can put you up and you can give a few lessons. Maybe we can even convince Flushvision to cross the channel.

Micky, you should plan a vacation to Europe. I can put you up and you can give a few lessons. Maybe we can even convince Flushvision to cross the channel.
Me! going to Europe!!!:eek: I went over to Amsterdam in late 2014 to partake in the...er...pleasures, and promptly lost my passport when I returned to blighty.o_O

Gotta watch out for the traffic cameras over there. They have no reservations about sending violation tickets overseas for collection...

Gotta watch out for the traffic cameras over there. They have no reservations about sending violation tickets overseas for collection...
During the 1990's we were on holiday (vacation) in Florida and I was driving a hire car along a stretch of road called (I think) Alligator Ali. There I was bobbing along at...er...European speeds and there appeared a cop car coming in the opposite direction. He passed and when I looked in the rear view I could see him doing a hand-brake turn and he started chasing me!

Bugger! I thought, and I pulled over and got out of my car. (In England it is regarded as manners to get out and meet the policeman). I could see him reach for his gun so I ambled up to him rather stupidly. He was nervous so I said in my gruff North of England Mid Pennine dialect: 'Er, What seems to be the problem officer?'. To be fair to him I probably sounded like a blithering idiot using that dialect because it came out as 'Trouble at 't mill?'

I think he was a bit aghast. He said I was clocking it and I said something like: 'We are used to going fast in Europe... we are good at it'. This didn't seem to please him (dunno why) so he asked to see my license. I wandered back to the car and showed it to him. Now, this was at a time that the U.K. drivers licence didn't incorporate a photograph so he inspected it closely with a puzzled look on his face. I think in the end he just gave up and sent me on my way with a stern word in my ear.

Only in America :D

Last edited:
:D Great story....

In the US in off the beaten paths you might expect a different response when he hears you speak. “You ain’t from around here, are ya?” is a likely refrain.

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit.

After my visit to London I couldn’t get “Mind the gap” out of my head.

Reactions: PatR
:D Great story....

In the US in off the beaten paths you might expect a different response when he hears you speak. “You ain’t from around here, are ya?” is a likely refrain.

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit.

After my visit to London I couldn’t get “Mind the gap” out of my head.
Been to the U.S. several times before the wife died, and had a great time every time we went despite my communication problems...the classic East Owdam dialect doesn't travel well:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval