Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h falling out of the sky

Reaction score
took my typhoon h out today no winds or noting started up the controller then the drone let it sit for about 10mins everything was find had 20 satellites connections all was find pressed to start it up next thing it just took off into the sky with no hovering or me in control of the controller must of went up over a 100ft before coming crashing to the ground i had no control of it with so ever heart sunk seeing it in pieces on the grounds has this ever happened to anyone else ive been flying drones a few years now ive never seen anything like this happening before

never thought about even doing that must have a look thanks
If you upload the zip file that gets created we can help analyze the data.

If you upload the zip file that gets created we can help analyze the data.
will do tomorrow drone is in bits don't know if its even worth fixing would say it would cost more to fix repairing it myself than what I bought it for on eBay two months ago just would love to find out what made it take off like that then destroying itself

Did you have at least one successful flight or this is the first time to use this unit? Probably the problem is in the channel settings in the ST16. All this will be viewed from the logs. Just upload them.

Reactions: Duckflyer
don't know if its even worth fixing
Depending on the level of damage you can get near the same money if you sell it as parts. Due to a lack of parts, a crashed CGO3+ only can be sold for $50 or something like this.

Did you have at least one successful flight or this is the first time to use this unit? Probably the problem is in the channel settings in the ST16. All this will be viewed from the logs. Just upload them.
yeah I had it out flying a few times with no problems everything worked fine with no problems made sure to calibrate the drone and gimble it was just that one flight yesterday everything seemed and looked perfect right up to i pressed that red button it just went straight up without even going up five feet into a hover to put the landing gear up it just went straight up into the sky until I couldn't see it then just came crashing down without any warning or faults with no control over it

Depending on the level of damage you can get near the same money if you sell it as parts. Due to a lack of parts, a crashed CGO3+ only can be sold for $50 or something like this.
yeah have it up on eBay to see if there is any interest

took my typhoon h out today no winds or noting started up the controller then the drone let it sit for about 10mins everything was find had 20 satellites connections all was find pressed to start it up next thing it just took off into the sky with no hovering or me in control of the controller must of went up over a 100ft before coming crashing to the ground i had no control of it with so ever heart sunk seeing it in pieces on the grounds has this ever happened to anyone else ive been flying drones a few years now ive never seen anything like this happening before
Trust me, you aren't alone. One of mine started chasing me once.

The problem is with the red button. It was stuck. This will give a behavior 1 by 1 as you have told us.

Check the ST before powering up the drone at the beginning of the flight day.

how to I work out what the problem was with extracting the flight log ive it downloaded now just brings up a spread sheet on excel with a load of numbers

Share files here untouched. Good guys will help you with special analytics software.

how to I work out what the problem was with extracting the flight log ive it downloaded now just brings up a spread sheet on excel with a load of numbers
Delete the copy you opened using Excel. (Excel corrupts the data in a way that makes it unreadable by the program most of us use to review the logs.)

Get a new copy of the file from the ST16 and upload it here for review. If you want to use the instructions for the whole upload process as provided by Post #2 of this thread, just click on the link in that post.

The program most of us use for the review was written by @h-elsner. A copy of the program and the instructions for using the program can be obtained from his website:
Windows:

LINUX 64bit:

User manual: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

Sources, documents and binaries at GitHub: https://github.com/h-elsner/Q500log2km

Reactions: DoomMeister
To add to @WTFDproject says, be sure the files you save include the Telemetry, Remote, and RemoteGPS for the flight in question. The Telemetry alone does not provide sufficient information to make a proper analysis.

Reactions: WTFDproject
it happen to me at 175 feet up the battery was not locked in, don't fly over people.

ok i got a good one for you guys, I been flying my typhoon H plus for 4 years now until the battery was not locked in good and it crashed at 175 feet up, ( it made a 1 in hole in the ground so never fly over people) with that said, i always get about 13 satellite on the controller in the green and about 11 to 12 satellites on the drone all in green, well now i have a new typhoon H plus all i can get on the drone is max of 8 in the yellow and 13 on the controller in the green, is that normal, it fly's very good and good lock. steve and drones on YouTube.

Wow! I was testing mine yesterday because I haven't flown it in a while. My partner and I were practicing Team Mode at low altitude and it crashed hard into a fence! He claims he didn't crash it or lower his angle on the wizard. Now that I'm reading this thread I am second guessing the incident...
Any thoughts?

Wow! I was testing mine yesterday because I haven't flown it in a while. My partner and I were practicing Team Mode at low altitude and it crashed hard into a fence! He claims he didn't crash it or lower his angle on the wizard. Now that I'm reading this thread I am second guessing the incident...
Any thoughts?
Flying in Angle or Smart mode on the Wizard? How far away was the aircraft from the Wizard?

Not sure what gets recorded in the flightlogs when flying team mode with the Wizard. You can try following the instructions in the previous posts to collect and upload the flightlogs for analysis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval