Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Flight Log Rretrieval

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The data contained in the Flightlog directory provides the most detailed and accurate means available to research many events that may otherwise be incorrectly diagnosed. There are many ways the flightlogs can be provided to the forum. This guideline uses a USB data cable, and provides a relatively simple method that would be available to a wide range of members. Please see Attachment 45 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) in "Way To Fix Drones project".

Last edited:
I prefere to move, not copy the FlightLog to my PC and zip it on the PC. I find it easier to handle my file on a larger screen.

Why move instead of copy?
The FlightLog directory will be created again at next flight. You will not have hundreds of files in it but only the last flight day, flight week or whatever period you prefere. This is helpful in case of problems that are easier to find. There is no need to upload large zip files with the whole history but only those last created that are intresting. This is also a kind of privacy.

Downloaded (moved) FlightLog directories will be archived. To avoid overwrite older files I rename the FlightLog directories with date attached. This is by the way the reason for the function "Archive" in the tool Q500log2kml.

My archive looks like this. Each FlightLog directory has only some flights in.
Unbenannt.png
You keep the FlightLogs on you PC and have more free space on the ST16. The same I do for the FPV videos to keep the ST16 memory clean.

Please keep in mind the ST16 must be booted fully up before you connect it to the PC via USB.

br HE

I prefere to move, not copy the FlightLog to my PC and zip it on the PC. I find it easier to handle my file on a larger screen.

Why move instead of copy?
The FlightLog directory will be created again at next flight. You will not have hundreds of files in it but only the last flight day, flight week or whatever period you prefere. This is helpful in case of problems that are easier to find. There is no need to upload large zip files with the whole history but only those last created that are intresting. This is also a kind of privacy.

Downloaded (moved) FlightLog directories will be archived. To avoid overwrite older files I rename the FlightLog directories with date attached. This is by the way the reason for the function "Archive" in the tool Q500log2kml.

My archive looks like this. Each FlightLog directory has only some flights in.
View attachment 19533
You keep the FlightLogs on you PC and have more free space on the ST16. The same I do for the FPV videos to keep the ST16 memory clean.

Please keep in mind the ST16 must be booted fully up before you connect it to the PC via USB.

br HE
A very good option for those that fly often.

It should be noted that if you copy the FlightLog directory as per the initial instructions, you will be sharing ALL flights on the ST-16, which may have privacy implications (specifically, it's likely to identify where you live, where you bought the drone and if you use your drone for commercial operations, the locations of your customers).

The ST-16 stores up to 100 flights, deleting the oldest ones if the count goes above that number. You can remove the FlightLog directory if you want to clear that data - but remember that older flight information *may* be useful for diagnosing long term issues, and that you're not saving any space on the ST-16 by deleting files.

If you wish to share individual flights, find the Telementry_xxxx.csv file under the FlightLog directory, zip it up (as per the instructions) and share that zipped file. This omits some additional logging (specifically, the inputs on the ST-16), but is usually good enough for most diagnostics.

Finally, note that there are other tools for retrieving, sharing and analysing flight logs which you can use online, on your PC or on the ST-16 depending on the tool.

It should be noted that if you copy the FlightLog directory as per the initial instructions, you will be sharing ALL flights on the ST-16, which may have privacy implications (specifically, it's likely to identify where you live, where you bought the drone and if you use your drone for commercial operations, the locations of your customers).
Amen!

The ST-16 stores up to 100 flights, deleting the oldest ones if the count goes above that number. You can remove the FlightLog directory if you want to clear that data - but remember that older flight information *may* be useful for diagnosing long term issues, and that you're not saving any space on the ST-16 by deleting files.
I store all FlightLogs on my PC not on the ST10 or ST16. Than less files you have than control you have about the assignment to a specific problem.

If you wish to share individual flights, find the Telementry_xxxx.csv file under the FlightLog directory, zip it up (as per the instructions) and share that zipped file.
For me personally the Remote_xxxxx.csv has the same priority as the telemetry file. For a clear picture it needs both. RemoteGPS is needed for all problems with missons that needs the location of the RC too (i.e. Follow-me).
In case of H Plus, the sensor files have much more information in compared to telemetry file.
It really depends on the problem that should be analysed.

br HE

For me personally the Remote_xxxxx.csv has the same priority as the telemetry file. For a clear picture it needs both. RemoteGPS is needed for all problems with missons that needs the location of the RC too (i.e. Follow-me).

I would add that the telemetry files only tell what the drone did. They do not reveal what the pilot told it to do. The ability to compare the two is often critical, especially when the pilot does not know he sent the command, or does not know the controller is set up to deliver commands that differ from what the pilot thinks he is sending.
In addition to events occurring while in "Follow me" mode, RemoteGPS was also mentioned in another discussion as revealing the pilot had either moved into an area where communication with the drone was inhibited, or failed to move as needed to maintain communication.
Historical data has at least twice revealed that the issue at hand was NOT what the pilot suspected it to be, and allowed the remaining data to lead to the actual issue.

All data categories have the potential to provide the decisive detail. The more limited the information is, the less conclusive the review will be. A note was added to each document to provide an opportunity to consider any privacy concerns that may exist.

Reactions: DoomMeister

If you wish to share individual flights, find the Telementry_xxxx.csv file under the FlightLog directory, zip it up (as per the instructions) and share that zipped file. This omits some additional logging (specifically, the inputs on the ST-16), but is usually good enough for most diagnostics.

Finally, note that there are other tools for retrieving, sharing and analysing flight logs which you can use online, on your PC or on the ST-16 depending on the tool.
The privacy thing can be a concern for some, but even if you are just analyzing one flight it helps in most cases to have at least the Remote, RemoteGPS, and Telemetry files from that flight. A good share of the requests to analyze the telemetry end up being a mistake of the pilot or mixed channels on the ST-16. There have also been cases where having the Remote, and RemoteGPS files exonerated the pilot from any error and ended up allowing them to prove their aircraft should be covered by the warranty.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Agreed - the point is simply that if you blindly share your entire FlightLog directory online, you should be aware of what information it may give away to others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital