Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H flying sideways and not stick response

I i have a strong interest in this thread because My H is also doing similar erratic behavior. I wanted to sell it locally in a consignment shop, and aware that "some kid" might get it I wanted to make a tut video to show how to do things. I have not flown this bird in many months. Before, it flew fine. Never had serious issues with it, and never, I mean NEVER let it sit for what .. 15 minutes? Who lets a drone sit on the hard for 15 minutes before flying? But I guess such is worth a try ... is that a "fix" for only one time to help it get its head after not flying for months?

Anyway, I fired it up, connected, 14 satellites or so, and launched in angle mode. Hovered about 3' off the ground and then applied right stick forward. It went sideways to the right. I changed modes and followed it, but it kept slowly heading for the trees so finally I had to chase and grab it. This is all in my back area, where I test/fly my drones.

Seems the sticks were sluggish, too.

Several other flights after full calibration, etc. Got one flight to go proper, and I was feeling good about it, but then I went to do it again and it went all squirrelly on me.

Hardware monitor shows sticks all correct.

I certainly can't sell this locally or to anyone not experienced ... I'd like to sort it out and understand what the condition is/was caused by before I offer it for sale again on ebay.

If my thinking/guess is somewhat correct, perhaps it is confused because of some change in sats?
Yes, the 15 minutes is to reload the almanac after not flying for a while or moving to a much different location. Once you've done that, on subsequent flights, you can fly as soon as the GPS is READY and the camera is booted up.
If the sticks are sluggish, you may have dirty pots in the ST16. There are several threads on this forum discussing what to do.
Also, make absolutely sure you have not bumped the switch into SMART mode.

Not sure it Telm will give me more than what I saw it already do... I have a ways to go in troubleshooting it and will
have to bind a good ground station to it after I replace the gps mod... I'll also replace the ant. mod just in case I fried it
shrinking the wrap after upgrading the UAS ant's. Thanks for the help guys!

Telemetry data tells much more than some might think!

If you are willing to share the aircraft Telemetry, Remote, and Remote GPS data some of us could take a peek and definitely share our thoughts instead of making assumptions out of your description!

Greetings!

It has been a busy week... Well the update goes like this. I installed an brand new GPS/COMP mod and it solved everything...
As I was testing the H and it all turned out to work great I landed and inserted another fresh battery...
Put on a pair of SJ-V01 head goggles and began another test...

Fly's like it should now...

Thanks also to Buddy Collins here at YuneecPilots.com for the great deal on a brand new Real Sense module we needed for another
brand new scratch build (H) were putting together.

Buy the new warranty package and send it in.............,

We modify and paint all our drones so I don't think we will qualify for any warranty's...
We find that just re-building from the ground up if need be is faster and just as good.
The parts are very cheap (MINUS) any cgo 3 + cams or the real sense module...

Thanks!

Did you purchase just a replacement RTB aircraft or the whole RTF set? If you also got a new/used ground station, did you also check the st16 output?

Greetings
Bird and 2017 ST-16 only... We have 25 batteries so we didn't want the factory cells he had....
It was the COMP/GPS mod btw... Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss